Simcoe jumbos

7 minutes ago, LefroyFisherman said:

We've definitely had some good times with this weird break, hopefully the kids go back in September and can play with other kids, it's really important for their development.

I hear ya . Grand-kids are missing their friends.  Good on ya dad for keeping him in the , love of fishing .:thumbsup_anim:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LefroyFisherman said:

Thanks! Although he is getting too used to catching big fish lol, disappointed when they aren’t a big bowfin or jumbos lol. He certainly seems to love fishing now, maybe soon I can take him to my pike spots. 

I was wondering why the big net for just perch and rock bass. Maybe use it as a large,  over hanging live well . LOL

You might want to check your guide to eating Ontario sport fish for that rock bass (if it's even listed).  A buddy of mine was doing sampling for the MNR.  Around Kingston, they accumulate more toxins in their flesh than any other species, pound for pound.  I stopped eating rock bass maybe ten years ago because of that.

2 hours ago, akaShag said:

You might want to check your guide to eating Ontario sport fish for that rock bass (if it's even listed).  A buddy of mine was doing sampling for the MNR.  Around Kingston, they accumulate more toxins in their flesh than any other species, pound for pound.  I stopped eating rock bass maybe ten years ago because of that.

oh, didn't know that, thanks

Great haul. We fish locally the Nanticoke and Long Point areas on Erie for Jumbo's. The last few years have been stellar for very large Jumbo Perch, no let me rephrase that, not very large jumbo's but very, very ginormass Jumbo's. More 14" Perch have been caught and released in the last few years than all the 13" or longer Perch I have seen in the last 55 years fishing them. We are looking for that 15"er!!! The only thing that has changed is the size of the Emerald Shinner's we use to get them on our hooks. She's in here somewhere. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Old Ironmaker said:

Great haul. We fish locally the Nanticoke and Long Point areas on Erie for Jumbo's. The last few years have been stellar for very large Jumbo Perch, no let me rephrase that, not very large jumbo's but very, very ginormass Jumbo's. More 14" Perch have been caught and released in the last few years than all the 13" or longer Perch I have seen in the last 55 years fishing them. We are looking for that 15"er!!! The only thing that has changed is the size of the Emerald Shinner's we use to get them on our hooks. She's in here somewhere. 

I’m sure there is some bigger then 15, I have a replica of one that was just over 14 inches on my wall from 2012 that I caught up in Orillia, was a monster.