Do You Clean Your Fishing Spots?

FishGuy3754

Do You Clean Your Fishing Spots?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Clean Your Fishing Spots?

• Yes
    • No
    • I only clean up after myself

Random thing I wanted to check with other anglers. I know what with Covid no one wants to touch things outside currently, but in general,

How many people clean up their area or surrounding area while they are out fishing?

I wanted to check cause almost every fishing spot no matter where it is seems to be littered with drink bottles/cans and timmies/fast food wrappers. Also there always seems to be an abundance of leftover line just littering most spots.

My friends and I try to clean up the area and usually end of bringing a bag of garbage to throw out later. Does anyone clean up their fishing spots while they are there or before they leave?

i try to remember bags but it is tough. I basically could bring an entire garbage bag full of garbage out every single time i go fishing which is pretty sad when you think about it. Gotta love the bank fisherman classic though, a pack of busch cans scattered, a few packs of canadian classic smokes and a styrofoam worm container.

Every single person here thats river fished, knows exactly what I am talking about.

Edited by AKRISONER
  • Like 2

Those beer cans weigh a lot less once they're empty, so why is it so difficult to carry them out? Here's sight that greeted me near Sudbury last weekend, and I had no bags with me:

109144351_10159689821158132_241447053619

Its time for radical approaches, like a minimum $1 deposit. "BUT THAT MAKES THINGS TOO EXPENSIVE!" No, it doesn't, because you only pay it once. You buy 12 beers for (pulls figure out of butt) $24. Deposit adds $12, for a total of $36. When you return the case of empties, your $12 deposit is returned, which you then apply to your next purchase. YOU ONLY PAY IT ONCE, FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE! You could make it cripplingly expensive to not return bottles and cans, but you only pay it once. "But I broke a bottle!" Fine, collect up the pieces, and as long as you can return (reaches for butt again) 90% of it, by weight, you still get credited. We really have to get this crap under control somehow.

• Like 2

I go out of my way to embarrass slobs.

People fishing at ganny bunch Timmy's garbage I just scoop them up with my net and drop in trash can . never say a word.

In all my fishing club conservation project picking up others trash was lowest project. Telling people to pick up there  trash (signs) a #2 project.

#1 Conservation project are things that wok for life, spawning shoals and fishways. 

Me and my buddy clean up the places we fish. It is disgusting to see all the garbage that people leave. This year as extra bad. With the covid-19, there was everything from food and drink remains to human crap. They took the garbage can and toilet away. Even the dog crap wasn't picked up. This is right in the middle of a small town.

• Sad 1

I do not mind others leaving their beer cans, I will pick them up, but before I do I crush them under my foot to put them in a bag. The beer store will take them back crushed as long as they can see that it is a beer can. 12 cans is still a $1.20 in my pocket tax free. 

• Like 2

Thanks for all the responses.

AKRISONER I know what you mean. see them all the time to with the busch and worm containers. Usually during trout fishing there's a pile hidden under some rocks. 

Dave Bailey A radical approach is probably what it would take to even make a dent. even with the deposit people will still leave them around but then beandust would be able to make $12.00 instead lol

• Like 1

Because of so many jerks causing problems the Crown Land around Burleigh Falls has no been closed off to the public.

Besides all the garbage left on the land and the vandalism to properties,  there's even been reports of people crapping on the front lawn of homeowners.

https://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/news/peterborough-region/2020/07/09/burleigh-falls-in-peterborough-county-closed-to-public-after-complaints.html#:~:text=Burleigh Falls in Peterborough County closed to public after complaints,-By Marissa Lentz&text=The Ministry of Natural Resources,the public until further notice.&text=Joe Ayotte said there were,enforcing the closure on Thursday.

I'm fortunate to live only 2 miles from Burleigh Falls and the place is absolutely gorgeous and it's so hard to believe the way some people treat these beautiful spots and the more it continues the more spots will be closed off.

How can anyone be such a jerk to intentionally destroy such a beautiful spot ?

2018575245_018(1).jpg.2d19a59fdf3b2c89bbce027d9ac251c4.jpg

021 (1).jpg

Edited by lew
  • Sad 1