Do bears poop in the woods ??

Sure they do, but they also poop on back decks just like they did on mine last night LOL

Just a little guy but he was only 15' from the bedroom door.

Bears are common around here and they're seen often but this was my closest visitor so far and hopefully he doesn't bring his whole clan around next time.

P1040830-001.JPG

• Like 1

They may poop in the woods but I swear they prefer the road or trails.. when we are moose hunting we have to shovel piles around camp if you want to avoid stepping in it at night .. 

Lived near you for a while and once when I quietly snuck out to go fishing a startled a bear ran off leaving a more liquid trail of berries......

On a lighter note...How far does a bear travel into the woods before taking a dump?

answer is below...

Half way. After that the bear is traveling out before taking a dump. 

When I worked at Pearson we learned that coyotes love to do it in the middle of a runway. Great fun taking a new guy out for a FOD check: Driver: "There's some debris, just lean out and pick that up." New Guy: "Okay, I'll get it... what the hell?!?!?!" Driver: "Sorry, should have told you to wear gloves." <snicker>

• Haha 1

On 7/7/2020 at 11:04 AM, misfish said:

What has it been eating Lew ? :w00t:

Hopefully not the neighbour and now he's moved on to new meat. I would be doing anything to discourage them coming so close. I see those TV shows about people living in the Arctic always carrying a sidearm to take out the trash.  Bears are not only fast but quick, and stealthy, they would be just finished chewing on my leg before I got the stinkin' gun out of my holster. 

On 7/12/2020 at 8:51 AM, cisco said:

Lived near you for a while and once when I quietly snuck out to go fishing a startled a bear ran off leaving a more liquid trail of berrie 

Who left the trail of liquid the Bear or cisco?