Central Saskatchewan

bigugli

Finally, a worthy fishing report.

As a gift for my birthday, The family paid to fly me out to the prairies for a 10 day fishing trip. What a fantastic time with my family. Then there was the fishing. Never hit the water for more than 4-5 hours each day, yet we were catching 50-120 fish per session. The tactics were simple. Baitholders with leeches, and our worm harnesses tipped with worm, leech or minnow.  Minnow and ball jigs , with a sickle hook or casting jigs tipped with twisters or paddle tales.

The fish were insane. Walleye out there were fighters, not dead weight.  Pike were a lot thicker across the back as compared to pike in southern Ontario. Did not manage any trophy pike, but we landed a lot of solid ones in the 30-36" range. Managed to land a lot of 25-28" walleye

005.JPG

014.JPG

016.JPG

020.JPG

026.JPG

031.JPG

034.JPG

041.JPG

044.JPG

• Like 8

1 hour ago, gordy28 said:

That looks like a blast.  To be honest SK would not have been on my radar for a walleye/pike trip but it now is

Thanks for sharing 

Andrew

There is some fantastic waters in the province. Guess that's why Charlie Wray keeps going back.

55 minutes ago, HTHM said:

I was supposed to have been there right now, but trip was cancelled. Were you near Prince Albert? 

Looks like a fantastic trip! 

We were in the heart of central Saskatchewan.  Biggest town in the area was 500 souls. A lot of the towns are now half empty. Fantastic area for a fisherman's retirement.

Edited by bigugli

3 minutes ago, crappieperchhunter said:

Well done Bruce !!! Sounds and looks like an excellent adventure. Thx for sharing.

Was 3 years since I last had a vacation. It felt soooo good. No worries, phone calls, e-mails or schedules.;)

4 hours ago, gordy28 said:

That looks like a blast.  To be honest SK would not have been on my radar for a walleye/pike trip but it now is

Thanks for sharing 

Andrew

Best walleye fishing I’ve ever experienced in my life was in Saskatchewan. People forget the northern half is loaded with lakes