Where do you Fish and Why

RS680

Good morning all Happy Canada Day  I was sitting here this morning thinking about all the places i have fished and i thought it is time to explore.I like small lakes and rivers and Remote places, But the wife is more of a Resort person more then a remote person. I spend most of my time local to my area, But love the french river area.  Spent many good walleye openers at the French river lodge.  Great times. So  I am   Always looking for new and great walleye places. And i Thought it would be great to try other peoples favorites and explore more of this great province . So the question is Where do you Fish and Why

Good morning to you too. Haven't fished seriously for quite a few years now, seemed to lose my mojo, like another good friend on here. Starting to get the itch again so who knows what the future holds. 

I grew up in England close to the coast and in an area where I was spoiled for choice as far as where to wet a line. In Spring, Summer and Fall I would chase Browns and Salmon in the many rivers close by. In the Winter I would fish Grayling and more often fish off the beach or piers for Cod. Sadly most of the Cod have gone, at least in the numbers there used to be and most of the Trout and Salmon waters have been taken over by private clubs.

I would like to get back into fly and float fishing but don't have a lot of patience to stand shoulder to shoulder with 40 others..🙂 Maybe I need to get my arse out of bed in a morning and find some new water to try. Be well and tight lines.

I pretty much fish everything with good boat launches within 2-2.5 hours from home .

Not really interested wilderness easy fishing.

Got into canal fishing Cape Cod and surf fishing.

When I travel  Nashville last year I hired guide on Kentucky   knowing the fishing mostly sucks.

But fishing a ledge lake with no weeds very interesting and Chickamga was just to far for 1 day.

When we get back to Cuba I found a guy to take me Cuba style fishing that will be fun.

Hello, I was fortunate to grow up weekends and summers on Oxtongue Lake, north of Huntsville, so targeted Smallmouth and Lake Trout, then had easy access to a similar lake nearby for many years, then my folks lived in Lake Muskoka so targeted Pike, Smallies, Lakers and Walleye. When I had a decent boat to trailer I fished Balsam Lake in the Kawartha hard for Musky for about 10 years, then looking for new opportunities for Musky- started to travel to North Bay Area and fell in love with the lakes up there. Have bought a house between three great water bodies and Nippisssing is only 20 minutes away as well. I guess I’m an opportunistic angler, and target species and waters near wherever I am currently. 

6740DD67-DCDF-44CC-BE92-E4252B339716.jpeg

Hello as well

Living on Simcoe, I find myself attached to it, but I do love  rivers and tribs that offer fun as well. I am with,n a 1/2 hour to and hour ,of many rivers and streams of G BAY.  I will fish anything that keeps me playing as a kid .

Great pic 666

5 hours ago, John said:

In Spring, Summer and Fall I would chase Browns and Salmon in the many rivers close by. In the Winter I would fish Grayling and more often fish off the beach or piers for Cod.

Now that, I would give up Simcoe for John.:Gonefishing:

I am in the fish anywhere camp.  Spent a good chunk of my life fishing Balsam Lake as my parents had a trailer there.   Spend time at the in laws place near Gravenhurst (writing this having a coffee and looking at the lake) and love our fishing trips in Northern Ontario.  So far we have hit White River area, Whalesback channel, Nakina, Lady Evelyn and a few others.  End of August w luck we are flying out os Sioux Lookout with Slate Falls Outposts

Cheers

Andrew 

On 7/1/2020 at 1:16 PM, misfish said:

Now that, I would give up Simcoe for John.:Gonefishing:

It was a teen fishermans dream Brian. Could walk to the river that I fished almost every day or catch the train and be at the beach in 20. Winters could be an adventure with rivers rising so fast that you could be fishing the eddys one minute from dry land and the have water past your ankles the next. The beaches and piers could be dangerous with big tides...lots of fun though.

• Like 1

I fished the Kawarthas since the 50's and and also a LOT of time on Quinte plus Lake St. Clair , the Ottawa and St. Lawrence Rivers but my favorite place of all is chasing muskies on the West Arm of Nippissing.

I got out of fishing a couple years back and sold everything including my boat but a small group of us still go to Nip every year and rent a couple cabins and have as much fun as always.

• Like 1

I used to fish Lake Simcoe and French River but I wont pay those ridiculous park and launch fees on lake simcoe so it leaves the French river which I have been fishing for the last 35 years and I love it.

• Like 1

Around home it's the Grand river or lake Erie . My favorite place to fish is Northern Ontario..from Kirkland lake to Nipigon .. in the past I fished the Kawarthas, Rice lake and the Bay of Quinte

Unfortunately because of what I do, the last bunch of years, it's been mostly on bodies of waters where I was going to have a tournament. Now this has taken me to legendary bass lakes in the US such as Guntersville, Kentucky Lake, the Harris Chain, Lake Okeechobee & Lake Hartwell. In my youth, I loved fishing different and new bodies of water. Since times have changed so much for us this year, I'm hoping to do a little bit more of that. But I truly feel that I'd fished anywhere given the opportunity and for the love of fishing!

John

On 7/1/2020 at 8:11 AM, John said:

Good morning to you too. Haven't fished seriously for quite a few years now, seemed to lose my mojo, like another good friend on here. Starting to get the itch again so who knows what the future holds. 

I grew up in England close to the coast and in an area where I was spoiled for choice as far as where to wet a line. In Spring, Summer and Fall I would chase Browns and Salmon in the many rivers close by. In the Winter I would fish Grayling and more often fish off the beach or piers for Cod. Sadly most of the Cod have gone, at least in the numbers there used to be and most of the Trout and Salmon waters have been taken over by private clubs.

I would like to get back into fly and float fishing but don't have a lot of patience to stand shoulder to shoulder with 40 others..🙂 Maybe I need to get my arse out of bed in a morning and find some new water to try. Be well and tight lines.

John, did you happen to live in Devon or Cornwall?  Just guessing based on your post.

Lake St Clair for musky a few times a year, Lake O for salmon a few times a year, ice fish on the Reformatory ponds in Guelph for dink pike, and any little stream I pass by whenever driving somewhere...always have a rod stashed away in the trunk

6 hours ago, Rizzo said:

Lake St Clair for musky a few times a year, Lake O for salmon a few times a year, ice fish on the Reformatory ponds in Guelph for dink pike, and any little stream I pass by whenever driving somewhere...always have a rod stashed away in the trunk

Just one Rog ?

Dont look in my truck. LOL

I born and raised in Essex County on a dairy farm about 20 miles south of Windsor. My Dad had me fishing walleye and bass in the western basin of Lake Erie, the Detroit River and Lake St. Clair from the age of 5. After some learning, I moved to Ottawa in 1966 for a job. The first fishermen I met in Ottawa were speckled trout and lake trout guys and they introduced me to fishing La Belle Province of Quebec.  54 years later, I’m still fishing shield lakes in Quebec for lake trout and walleye. Scenery is awesome and the fishing is good too.