Reel spring identification - I’m an idiot

AKRISONER

well i posted the question to my instagram and got my answer. Its the plastic piece from within the rubber housing of the reel. Of course this is not listed on the schematic at all. 

drag-rubber.png

Does anyone know if there is a place to get these kind of parts. It makes it even more difficult to get a part when theres no associated parts number for it...or further more what the part is actually called.

any ideas im all ears! Im not sure how that plastic piece went missing but it sucks that its gone!

1 minute ago, kickingfrog said:

Or find a scrap reel and salvage the part?

thats exactly what Im looking at, the part seems to be discontinued and i have no idea whered id find a scrap. At the end of the day if the reel is toast ill set it to someone for parts or something, ive already got an offer of $20 lolllll

1 minute ago, misfish said:

Well I have a few old and yes,  old reels. Guess what the drag disk is made of ?

FELT

Yup, just felt. May or may not be fancy , but I would say cut a piece and see it that works. It worked then, why not now ?

the problem is that i cant assemble that housing because the plastic piece that holds the spring is missing. Thats the part that holds it together and why I cant get my reel back together. Interestingly there were felt drag disks within the housing as well when i took it apart.

3 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

well i posted the question to my instagram and got my answer. Its the plastic piece from within the rubber housing of the reel. Of course this is not listed on the schematic at all. 

drag-rubber.png

Does anyone know if there is a place to get these kind of parts. It makes it even more difficult to get a part when theres no associated parts number for it...or further more what the part is actually called.

any ideas im all ears! Im not sure how that plastic piece went missing but it sucks that its gone!

Hahahaha, and what did I say on the 30th of June,  it belongs to the spool

1 hour ago, misfish said:

That clip ,does not look like this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LOL

IMG-1024.jpg&key=fc4ba5db95b69429d08047d

First page, 3rd pic that's the little compression spring.  Now if AK lost the 4 sided expansion clip, you can buy stainless wire that's pretty springy and easy to make.

• Like 1