River was active this morning Finally and done

misfish

2 minutes ago, misfish said:

I am way up this trib  Dave . I saw just the same as I seen last weekend .  Many small fish jumping and eating flys .There are some good residential  fish on this system , just have not yet  hooked up on one this year . Water was still cool, but warmer temps will keep me from heading back,unless we get some cool rains.

Are the bigger resident fish Browns? 

1 hour ago, misfish said:

Mixed

Get those nice flabby belly res bows with the very colorful fins. I have seen browns caught, but yet to get one myself.

Hatchery Frankenfish shaped like footballs, thought got rid of that broodstock years ago.

This will be my last outing til fall now. Water is up to 67 deg, and I was baking by 8 am. Walked past my last furthest spot of last time and found a great stretch. There was another hatch going on. These ones were small and black.  I actually watched them rise off the water. That was cool . I  found the tungsten bead head flys I made in #16. They were in another fly box buried in my bag. They were the ticket. Caught 2 ,  12" res bows close to the tail out of the pool.  Allowing the fly to start the sweep and retive quick as to make the fly look like it is rising. That is my theory anyways.LOL These fish have such great colors. They even fight very well.

Good way to finish off and I  have a brain filled of what to have and watch on the water and hatch going on.

Thanks for reading my trial and errors and thanks again for the advice guys.

B

DSCF5982.thumb.JPG.45c6b3eca110c1b839ff379fd34d02f2.JPG

DSCF5983.JPG.1898c2154e61a1dd67fc514f224c7ed8.JPG

• Like 1