New Navionics Update and an Eye Opening New Layer!

David Chong

The SonarCharts Shading with Satellite imagery has been updated to include more off shore coverage and enhanced satellite imagery but the introduction of a new layer in an eye opener. Unfortunately currently this is more for our American friends because the coverage in Canada is limited to the St. Lawrence River, of course I will keep asking and pushing for more Canadian coverage. I do believe that there are over 150 popular USA bodies of water and the USA coastline available with this view. We were able to get it for the SonarCharts Shading so hopefully soon! I know that some of you didn't really understand the SonarCharts Shading but when you see this, hopefully it's pretty obvious what you can use this for. The new layer available on your Navionics Boating app, Platinum+ and Hotmaps Platinum is a High Resolution Relief Shading, which combines color & shadow to create an easy to interpret clear view of what the bottom structure looks like. For comparison, the images below are of the same section of the St. Lawrence River and the different views are as follows:

1/ Nautical Charts, traditional based primarily on government hydrographic charts

2/ SonarCharts with 1 foot contours

3/ SonarCharts with colored Fishing Ranges

4/ SonarChart Shading with Satellite Imagery

5/ Hi Resolution Relief Shading

Again as long as your subscription is current for your Boating App, there is no extra cost for this new feature. Always nice to have more options! Please feel free to post any questions and I'll do my best to answer them. Visit the Navionics site for full details -https://bit.ly/3d9JMhc  #NewFeature #SonarCharts #SonarChartShading #HiResReliefShading #NavionicsPro 

200617-St. Lawrence River-005A.PNG

200617-St. Lawrence River-005B.PNG

200617-St. Lawrence River-005C.PNG

200617-St. Lawrence River-005D.PNG

200617-St. Lawrence River-005E.PNG

Edited by David Chong

Thanks for the info! I m really impressed with the relief shading.  I just purchased two new Helix’ and they came with a Navionics + card. I also have Navionics on my phone. Would I be able to get this feature or is it only available with Navionics Platinum? Thanks 

23 minutes ago, zeeter said:

Thanks for the info! I m really impressed with the relief shading.  I just purchased two new Helix’ and they came with a Navionics + card. I also have Navionics on my phone. Would I be able to get this feature or is it only available with Navionics Platinum? Thanks 

The new layer available on your Navionics Boating app, Platinum+ and Hotmaps Platinum

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, zeeter said:

Unfortunately zeeter, it is not available with the Navionics+ card just the Navionics Boating App (As long as your subscription is current), Platinum+ & Hotmaps Platinum cards. Like I had mentioned currently there is not a whole lot of coverage up in Canada but more is coming.