Cooks Bay

Hello. I’ve never fished cooks bay. Want to go sometime this summer for bass fishing with my son. There’s a launch at Gilford I believe. I’ve goggled bass fishing apparently good at south end around pads and weeds. Not looking for spots, but is it good bass fishing. Thank you

2 minutes ago, 300 said:

Lol. Not looking for hot spots. Just asking if it’s good bass fishing there. Thanks 

Hit the mouth of the river. You will see many others doing the same. As for the bay it,s self,you need to know the area. Look for weed edges on drops.. Crank baits and senkos work best.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2020 at 9:12 PM, 300 said:

Thanks. Might go back again. Lol. Not on opening day thou 

Those largies are decent but Simcoe is famous for its tank smallies. 4-5 lb not uncommon. They run in schools around sholes and islands at the top of Cooks Bay and elsewhere  on Simcoe. Find one you usually find more. Google it. There’s lots of info out there. 

2 hours ago, captpierre said:

Those largies are decent but Simcoe is famous for its tank smallies. 4-5 lb not uncommon. They run in schools around sholes and islands at the top of Cooks Bay and elsewhere  on Simcoe. Find one you usually find more. Google it. There’s lots of info out there. 

thand  I’ll give that a try next time  top end  mm  out from keswick I assume  regards