Barrie Launches

Fisherman

11 hours ago, Terry said:

I think it’s time I start making bootleg parking passes 

Seriously....

whose the real criminal at the end of the day anyways?

when i was in graphic design school Humber college attempted to tell me and my classmate/carpool partner that we weren’t allowed to share our parking pass even though we carpooled every day. 

you know what happens when you tell a graphic design student that kinda criminal Bull? We made parking passes for us, plus our closest friends lol.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, misfish said:

LOL

I know a guy too that may have a surplus of Barrie passes, but he wants your 1st born for them. LMAO

Yah, well my first born is 18 and he can have him... I'll let him bankrupt him with the food bill! LOL

HH

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I was at the Orillia Launch a week or so ago last Friday and a guy putting his boat in told us about the upcoming fees to launch and park. Seemed incredible, but my Buddy did some research and found it to be true! They started on July 10th with their fees. $50 to launch, and $50 to park Thursday to Sunday for non-residents. Their reason was to try and limit people visiting the beach!

This is criminal! I don't mind paying a fee of $10 or even $20 for these decent launches if it helps pay for their upkeep, but when it is all about keeping non-locals away, there is something wrong. I mean, we are still residents of Ontario!

Oh, and the rule about no trailers in the parking lot near the ramp is a joke! You have to haul it way up onto some dirt road quite a distance from the ramp to park and then hoof it back. Really slows up the ramp. Meanwhile the people who are just there to let their dogs crap everywhere while strolling around the park, are allowed to use the double length spots near the ramp!

I spent 26 summers near Orillia and they always mystified me in that town with their logic or lack of it! They rely on tourists, but do everything in their power to drive them away!

• Like 3