This ain't Kansas Dorothy but that's a Tornado

It had to be around 10PM last night. There was a sudden rumble, I looked up from my 10 PM feeding thinking it was on TV and the sub woofer was working just fine. Ticha was on her laptop and turned to the patio door behind her and I realized this huge sound was outside. When I stood to go look I saw patio furniture fly by the window. I cut through the wind to remove the umbrella from the table. As soon as I pulled the thing up and out the table flipped over like a flap Jack. Just yesterday afternoon did I lash my 5 day old gas BBQ to the railing as the weather lady told me it was going to get very windy. I listen to young weather ladies closely, sometimes even the volume is turned on. I looked across the lake and it was pitch black  across the upper sky east to west and tapered down to create a triangle. Then there was a jhet black spout straight into the water or land. We were seeing a massive water spout (a tornado over water) or a tornado on land and zero rain. A few minutes later it was an eerie calm as calm can be, no wind no rain. This morning there were reports of Tornado's causing big damages in Sandusky Ohio and London ON. Not much damage here on the north shore of Lake Erie in Haldimand County. Our buddy in Ohio may give us some local reports. Not the 1st tornado/water spout or the biggest and I'm sure if we hang around long enough it wont be the worst. 30 kilometers north or south. We are not prepared. Just last summer a small waterspout hit land, became a tornado and ran up a small south to north road that runs straight into the village of Selkirk On. We will have more during this Global Weather Change period in our history of Mankind. Spending some cash for a Tornado warning system on modern media might be a good idea.4  interlocking brick cross walks 500 meters from the outer residence in town needed to be completed 1st. 

see thats so strange that you got no warning. Tornado warning systems are far as I am aware are linked into the national emergency system. I.e. your phone will go off like an amber alert if you enter into a tornado warned region. Ive yet to have it happen up here in Canada, but have had it happen 2 out of the 4 times ive been down in Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina in the spring (tornado season) I think one may have been a flash flood warning, but Guntersville was darn right scary. I didnt see any tornados but an outbreak happened and areas to both the north and south along the front line had damaging tornados. 

Its possible Iron that what you saw was so quickly developing that the weather service looking at their radar were not able to see it in time to give warning. They did however warn as early as Tuesday evening that Tornado's were strongly possible on Wednesday afternoon/evening as the front approached.  Weathermen get a lot of critique but its pretty impressive IMO that they were able to warn of the tornados over 24 hours in advance simply by looking at the energy of the system and the potential for wind shear. 

Glad to hear you guys are safe!

If you want to read an insane story read about the Joplin tornado. I think that tornado alone forced the government to invest even more into warning systems.

Edited by AKRISONER

We had a warning come over the TV last night . I was out side around 7 pm when the winds went wild and temps dropped like a stone. I was waiting for it. Just like that, the wind went nil. That is when you know something is going to happen. Nothing did, but I can tell ya, that had me puckered pretty good. Then I grabbed a cold one and said,what ya going to do if it hits anyways . I would sooner see it coming,then in my sleep. Thats just my new crazy way these days. LOL

Yer still here posting JD, and got the lovely Ticha with ya. :good:

Edited by misfish
  • Like 1