Alone

DRIFTER_016

So I just watched.

1st time watcher.

Explain please?

All by themselves, yet there are cameras everywhere .  Even one on a tripod in the water .How much time do they spend setting up the cameras, before they start to try and get their food and what ever else to survive ?  Also,how dumb are the ones that have bows,yet go walking without them ? 2 of them. One seen a bear,the other a wolverine. None had their bows. LOL

Also to much time spent by the guy with the hot tub. This is not club med, or maybe it is. Felt for the guy that lost his fire starter, but a good zip loc glad bag with a 1000 wooden matches would of been better IMO.  Maybe against the rules ?

1 hour ago, Terry said:

If she is going to cry every time she kills food 

she isn’t going to last 

The poor bunny was crying. So was I. LOL  She did build a very nice hut though. KUDOS to here. So far,I like her chances.

15 minutes ago, Terry said:

Let see what the next 6 people are doing for

the first ten days.   I guess that’s how they are going to do it. Showcase so many each week and now a talk session at the end of the show.  

I am going to re watch all the RAMBO movies and prepare for the next season.  Just need to know if they have shore line delivery  beer. LOL

How the hell would you know 1-3 people could possibly last the 100 days? What then, seems like it must be set up somehow. I have watched most of the bush shows, and this one I have not followed after the first season as it was pretty slow. You can only watch a camera zoomed in on some guys face going on about nothing for so long haha. As the other guy said, I had a good laugh when the girl trapped the rabbit and started crying. Day 1 ...

Gave it a shot today and was very similar but a couple of things happen to keep you somewhat interested. Not a horrible show but maybe best with a couple of drinks. 

2 hours ago, canoecarrier said:

How the hell would you know 1-3 people could possibly last the 100 days? What then, seems like it must be set up somehow. I have watched most of the bush shows, and this one I have not followed after the first season as it was pretty slow. You can only watch a camera zoomed in on some guys face going on about nothing for so long haha. As the other guy said, I had a good laugh when the girl trapped the rabbit and started crying. Day 1 ...

Gave it a shot today and was very similar but a couple of things happen to keep you somewhat interested. Not a horrible show but maybe best with a couple of drinks. 

Wait til they start burning their huts down in the middle of November.  😂

I started watching last year because they were on Great Slave and I know the area where they are.

For supposedly professional outdoors people and survival experts they make tons of mistakes.

The guy that lost his fire steel and tapped out was building a kick donkey cabin though. :)

I think I would make out OK if they dropped me off out there where these guys are trying to survive.

The longest anyone has survived so far is 87 days in a warmer climate.

The guy who won last year lasted 77 days. 

Edited by DRIFTER_016

10 hours ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

The longest anyone has survived so far is 87 days in a warmer climate.

The guy who won last year lasted 77 days. 

While true

they only stayed that long because everyone else tapped out. I’m sure some of them could have stayed much longer if the others had survived longer to keep the game going 

I was also surprised that the guy that lost his fire starter couldn't last one night and then look again in the morning, I realize your basically screwed without a fire but still. Can't believe one guy didn't bring a bow, it would certainly help a little even if your not great with it.

34 minutes ago, gordy28 said:

Thanks for the reminder - will have to try to catch up

I do love this show

Also just finished Life Below Zero Canada as well and really enjoyed it - its on Cottage Life network or Crave

Cheers

Andrew

Yeah, I watch it too.

Have known Mike for over 20 years. :)

29 minutes ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

Yeah, I watch it too.

Have known Mike for over 20 years. :)

Cool - Pike Mike is great  - they are all very interesting - the one Swede guy w the pipe cracks me up.  When he was climbing the shots made me dizzy just watching on the couch!

4 hours ago, gordy28 said:

Cool - Pike Mike is great  - they are all very interesting - the one Swede guy w the pipe cracks me up.  When he was climbing the shots made me dizzy just watching on the couch!

He's pretty cool.

I like the guy in Ontario ehhh!!

He's pretty cool too ehhh!!  😁