Any deals on Marine/Deep cycle batteries? Should I go Gel?

On 3/9/2021 at 6:35 AM, Hack_Fisherman said:

Thanks, I do just that every winter. I bought the noco multi bank onboard charger. Hope that works as well. I use group 27 also, prob same ct batt. It’s 3 or 4 years old and not as good as it used to be. Might go group 31’s if I can fit them where I want them. 

If going up to 31s, make sure they have good enough amp/hour and reserve capacity to justify the upgrade. I've seen group 31 marine batteries with less juice capacity than the 27s I have. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gravyboat said:

If going up to 31s, make sure they have good enough amp/hour and reserve capacity to justify the upgrade. I've seen group 31 marine batteries with less juice capacity than the 27s I have. 

This, my 24 ultra AGM has as much as some 31’s I saw on the market!

On 6/10/2020 at 11:47 AM, AKRISONER said:

my time spent reading and researching is your gain.

the last posts explain my conclusion and reasoning. Specifically that canadian tire is now selling the best quality battery on the market while offering the lowest possible price for batteries with the same specifications. They also offer the best warranty in the entire market.

their batteries regularly go on sale further reducing the cost of their batteries.

I have not read all the posts. I'm sure all the questions and answers are similar to the many, many posts addressing all types of batteries discussed here many times. 

"But ya don't know what ya don't know til ya know." Sounds like something Yogi Berra would say but it is I that says that.

What I take away from all the great info we have learned here which a great deal was researched for us by Akrisoner, thanks bud, is that 80% or more batteries are all manufactured by the same company., that was 10 years ago. They may all come from China now for all I know. Even Interstate that has a high profile in the aoutomotive and marine markets DO NOT manufacture batteries. They buy batteries and stick their logo on them market them, put them on a shelve and  sell them. Buy the best specs and best warranty for you. I don't leave the dock without a fully charged battery booster pac. I have never used it but I have boosted many batteries in other boats. I don't know what battery I have but it's the battery my guy recommended. This will be the 3rd year for it. I have never had to charge it when I put it back in. Can't tell you what brand, I will check tomorrow and report back. Good to me so far. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker