Local pond for kids's fishing

Hi all,

Looking for information on local ponds/shorelines around GTA to bring my 4-yrs-old daughter to do some shore fishing

I have taken her out couple times with no luck ..

Just need to hook something that swims

The excuse of "fishies are not out playing yet" is getting old

Thanks!

Been many years since I fished anywhere around Toronto but when I was a kid we would fish Grenadier pond in High Park. As a teen I worked on Centre Island and the waterways around Centreville were loaded with sunfish and other worm eating species. If Centreville ever opens again you can kill 2 birds with one stone! A bit of fishing and ride the kiddy rides

• Like 1

Grenadier Pond in High Park & Catfish Pond located to the west of it were my favourite haunts growing up in the west end of Toronto. Great spots although the so-called "Friends of High Park" have managed to limit the fishing access on Grenadier Pond! In Grenadier Pond there are Sunfish, Yellow Perch, Black Crappies, Common Carp, Brown Bullheads, Northern Pike & Largemouth Bass! In Catfish Pond, there are Sunfish, Brown Bullheads, Largemouth Bass, Common Carp, Mirror Carp & Wild Goldfish. Good luck!

28 minutes ago, David Chong said:

Grenadier Pond in High Park & Catfish Pond located to the west of it were my favourite haunts growing up in the west end of Toronto. Great spots although the so-called "Friends of High Park" have managed to limit the fishing access on Grenadier Pond! In Grenadier Pond there are Sunfish, Yellow Perch, Black Crappies, Common Carp, Brown Bullheads, Northern Pike & Largemouth Bass! In Catfish Pond, there are Sunfish, Brown Bullheads, Largemouth Bass, Common Carp, Mirror Carp & Wild Goldfish. Good luck!

How much fun fishing was back then eh David. Now being restricted to pretty much not allowed these days in alot of places.

My pop took us there so many times as kids. Heck,we even got to walk through the mini zoo. :good:

Edited by misfish

My hometown was Toronto...Lets srart to the east;

Frenchmen's Bay (open water and icefishing)

Rouge River (catfish, perch, smelt)

Highland Creek (mostly for suckers and minnows)

Taylor's Creek (mostly for minnows and skinny-dipping)

The Islands and Grenadier Pond

Catfish Pond (mostly for minnows netted with an old curtain to fish Grenadier)

Humber River 

Mimico Creek

Etobicoke Creek

Credit River (mixed bag of fishes)

You are right Brian..." Those were the days my son...we hoped they never end|"

Edited by Beans
missed a location