Sail filing for Chapter 11 restructuring

Headhunter

On 6/5/2020 at 8:58 PM, John Bacon said:

There was one on Woodbine north of #7.  Prior to that, they were located on Yonge north of Finch.  I don't ever recall a LeBaron's in Richmond Hill.

He may be thinking of the old Angling Specialties which was in the basement of a convenience store a bit north of the old Lebarons from what I recall.  It was the only place I could find blackbird floats way back when.  I bought my first rifle at the old Yonge street lebarons as well.  They used to sell everything, all kind of milsurp firearms, PPK’s you name it.  Good times!

I spend much more at Sail than I do at BPS.. the prices on the BPS site are in American and that kind of turns me off.. Smaller stores still tend to get most of my business..

Growing up Lebarons on Dundas in Mississauga was my store.

I spent many hours in there. :)

As for Sail, I've never been in one but last year I did buy some tackle online from them.

I was looking to replace a lure that was super productive for me that I lost. Searching on the net for replacements I found them to be discontinued but Sail had some of what I was searching for so I bought them all!!! 😁

On 6/6/2020 at 3:38 PM, ketchenany said:

We lived there at the same time :)  loved that place, never went to the pool! 
wish I would have kept this place, I was very young when I bought it. One of my girls took the kids to see where nonno lived!!!!

AACCB7AB-1207-4915-99DE-89AD548533BB.jpeg

I owned the house at the corner of dufferin and Rowan avenue for 7 years across from fairbank Park. I wouldn’t call the neighborhood a slum, it’s actually on the up and up, but definitely went through a really rough stretch in the 90’s.

the area towards eglington and dufferin and  st clair clair and dufferin has seen a major change in recent years however. I think a lot of the parkdale king and dufferin crowd moved north and parkdale gentrified. There is also now a methadone clinic at the Southwest corner of st clair and dufferin which brings a lot of characters around. 

the Eglinton problems have somewhat subsided with the cross town construction. The place is a giant disaster so the riff raff have found new haunches to frequent. Fairbank Park itself was great, the police took it upon themselves to keep that park and school safe. When I lived there there was almost a cop conducting “traffic” duty 100% of the time parked in front of the pool. They’d ticket people for illegally turning left off dufferin onto key west. What they truthfully were doing was keeping the dealers and fiends away from the school and park.

living in fairbank was great. It was an oasis between two pretty rough spots. I never had any issues at my actual house. The worst was an unlocked bike stolen from my back yard. Nothing more than that. I miss that house a lot sometimes!

My buddy told me that the upstairs fishing and hunting section will be shutting down after Sunday.  Only the bottom floor will be open after the weekend.  Sail Etobicoke and Vaughan will most likely close their stores by the end of the month.

• Sad 1

On 6/7/2020 at 5:19 PM, misfish said:

20 years old article , but the same Bull reporting from the media on firearms issues 😖 . The M1 Garand doesn't use 30 round magazines or any magazine at all but is loaded with 8 only from the top of the receiver , the bottom is solid and FYI it was designed by a Canadian " John Garand ".  Up until the latest fiasco from the minds of our government were totally unrestricted and bought and sold freely with just a PAL,  not restricted as said.  Does anyone remember  " Hercules Mil Surplus " on the east side of Yonge, think they were just above College, bought a great parka there in '69  that lasted my 4 years at UofT.  They had barrels full of milsurps , Lee Enfields were under 30 bucks then 👍

26 minutes ago, dave524 said:

Does anyone remember  " Hercules Mil Surplus " on the east side of Yonge, think they were just above College

I bought a pair of Bear Paw snowshoes there around 1960

• Like 1