Looking for Minn Kota MKR 18A 6 Ga Wire Adapter

Raycaster

Re-wiring a Terrova on another boat and realized I had Minn Kota MKR kit plug kit around to use. Unfortunately with 6ga wiring you really need the adapter for it without hacking the cable to make it fit.

I guess it’s a old Discontinued product and pretty hard to track down.

Anyone seen one available? The full kit is $70 bucks but just need adapter.

thx ahead.

1C3D7A77-3010-4477-9D3B-945153EC864F.jpeg

Sorry if I’m mistaking what your issue is, but I was having issues with minkotta’s plugs so at the recommendation of my close electrician friend I switched my entire plug to a heavy duty twist lock RV plug. I was able to buy one at the Home Depot.

He actually switched his on his boat too because he said the minkotta plugs are crap in comparison. I personally absolutely love the conversion. It’s way more heavy duty and the wire holders are far far sturdier. (I was having a problem with my wires falling out of the minkotta receptacle which actually caused a fire in my boat)

354527C7-1059-4F67-A616-2042593CA1A4.jpeg

• Like 1

On 6/2/2020 at 9:08 AM, AKRISONER said:

Sorry if I’m mistaking what your issue is, but I was having issues with minkotta’s plugs so at the recommendation of my close electrician friend I switched my entire plug to a heavy duty twist lock RV plug. I was able to buy one at the Home Depot.

He actually switched his on his boat too because he said the minkotta plugs are crap in comparison. I personally absolutely love the conversion. It’s way more heavy duty and the wire holders are far far sturdier. (I was having a problem with my wires falling out of the minkotta receptacle which actually caused a fire in my boat)

354527C7-1059-4F67-A616-2042593CA1A4.jpeg

I have the Marinco plug.  I believe that they make the Minn Kota plug too.  I agree with them being crap.  I am planning to replace mine.