A short report

NAW

I have been trying to get out as much as I can this year, regardless of this Covid mess..   This is my 4th fishing trip.  4th camping trip, and 8th time paddling this year.  So needless to say, it was about time i caught something!!!!

The water was really high on the river, up about 3 feet for the usual level this time of year. 

I had to line a few spots that I normally don't need to.  And had a couple spots we needed to portage that we could normally line.   I earned my beer, lets just say that!!

It was worth it though....

Got back to my truck and there was 2 CO's there waiting for me.   Not sure how long there where there waiting.   Everything checked out OK in my boat and in my cooler,  and they where on there way.  Very nice guys, from the Perry Sound detachment. 

20200530_151756.jpg

20200530_152213.jpg

20200530_174851.jpg

20200531_131851.jpg

Edited by NAW
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

beauty eyes nick. Worth the slog if you ask me! I wonder if the CO's are the same ones i ran into 5 times this winter. Both really nice guys that even stuck around for a chat.

One young guy and one old guy. 

Old guy didn't say a peep to me.  Young guy chatted for 15 minute.   Macntyre I think his name was. Or something like that.

3 minutes ago, NAW said:

One young guy and one old guy. 

Old guy didn't say a peep to me.  Young guy chatted for 15 minute.   Macntyre I think his name was. Or something like that.

thats him for sure.

Really nice guy, even gave my two buddies a break on their old sleds not having the right paperwork out on the lake. 

8 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

thats him for sure.

Really nice guy, even gave my two buddies a break on their old sleds not having the right paperwork out on the lake. 

I made a small mistake, and he could have given me a really hard time about it.  But we was really nice and didn't give me a ticket or anything.   You just always need to be honest with them.  All the time.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, irishfield said:

What Nick.. you told him you were camping! LOL

I was 100% honest, and told him I was camping.  My small mistake was my fault in not reading the regs right for that area.  A very good lesson learned.

I was camping on Wahta Mohawk Territory.  Not crown land.  And he did not care that I was camping.   

• Like 1