Lord Letto

Spotted today at Dollarama: Shimano SRS6000 Rod for $4

Left them all there, don't need another rod at the moment, but I took pics & thought I'd post as I found it interesting that they had a brand name rod available there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Most of your big name rod brands make budget models too, although 4 bucks is dirt cheap, I wouldn't expect it to be much besides a fishing rod.

15 minutes ago, OhioFisherman said:

I wouldn't expect it to be much besides a fishing rod

This ^. I picked up $10 Daiwa from CT one day (just for a kid). It did not survive one weekend.

Edited by mamona

When you see a Shimano for $4 just keep on walkin.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hey it’s a $4 rod...if I was close to Kitchener I’d buy 3-4 just to give out to my neighbours kids. That’s how kids get into fishing and enjoying the outdoors. Not starting with Stradics!!

Letto, pm me the address of the Dollarama as I may be in Cambridge this week. There’s 4 young boys on my street that might need a new rod!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

Hey it’s a $4 rod...if I was close to Kitchener I’d buy 3-4 just to give out to my neighbours kids. That’s how kids get into fishing and enjoying the outdoors. Not starting with Stradics!!

Letto, pm me the address of the Dollarama as I may be in Cambridge this week. There’s 4 young boys on my street that might need a new rod!

Address of the store for the Rods is in the OP

On 5/28/2020 at 9:54 PM, Lord Letto said:

Downtown Kitchener Location: 61 King St E, Kitchener, ON N2G2K4

it's rod only, not a combo, so If you need a reel to go with it, I visited the Highland Hills location yesterday (875 Highland Rd W, Kitchener, ON N2N 2Y2) to see if they had any Fraser Farm Meatballs & Gravy that I saw there in the past (sadly I never saw any) & saw they had Zebco 202 Spincast Reels there for $4:

20200529-164206.jpg

Edited by Lord Letto
  • Like 3

I remember as a kid having a spincast zebco...was allowed to put a weight on it only and I would practice casting in a field for hours.