Topwater Pop Quiz #2

David Chong

Here is my pimped out Yo-Zuri Pencil, this latest member of the Pencil family is 5" in length and weighs in at 1 oz. It is a "BIG FISH" catching machine! There are 4 changes that have been made to it out of the box, what are they? For more cool mods that you can do to your topwaters to make them more effective and learn more about "HardBody Topwater Bassin'" make sure that you register for my FREE Navionics webinar tomorrow evening (Tues. May 26, 2020 at 7 PM EDT) https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6470295383013328909?source=David+Chong

Topwater Yo-Zuri Pencils-013.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, grimsbylander said:

Replaced all hooks.
Red treble up front. 
Feathered treble with red thread on tail. 
Added extra split rings on trebles. 
Added line snap on nose. 

Nice job, although the middle hook is standard! The hooks that come on today's Yo-Zuri lures are top-notch, in fact the rear hook is the one that came with it, I just added some feathers!

3 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

Replaced all hooks.
Red treble up front. 
Feathered treble with red thread on tail. 
Added extra split rings on trebles. 
Added line snap on nose. 

Yup

Yup

Yup

and

Yup

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, David Chong said:

Nice job, although the middle hook is standard! The hooks that come on today's Yo-Zuri lures are top-notch, in fact the rear hook is the one that came with it, I just added some feathers!

Interesting. I’ve only seen silver trebles on Yo Zuri’s. Nice!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

I think I won the old treble hooks he took off 😂

Think I will start tying up trebles and sell them to David.  Maybe he can win some, if he can tell me the feathers and thread type used. HAHAHAHAHA

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, David Chong said:

Most of the 3DB & 3DS lures now have top quality black nickel hooks on them!

That’s great actually. It’s always bugged me when hardbody bait companies put so much into their baits only to outfit them with substandard hooks. I particular Canadian company comes to mind. 😉

2 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

That’s great actually. It’s always bugged me when hardbody bait companies put so much into their baits only to outfit them with substandard hooks. I particular Canadian company comes to mind. 😉

Even worse, a particular “high end” bass lure company based out of Japan that likes to charge north of $30 a lure has some of the worst hooks in the entire industry on their baits...nothing mega about the quality of their hooks at all. 

my favourite experience was the time a fish bent a hook out and the lure came flying out of its face right into my hand past the barb.

Edited by AKRISONER
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1