Robot lawnmowers, anyone?

I went to our TSC store to pick up a new BBQ curbside and they handed me a brochure for the Huquavarna Automower 310. Does anyone have one of the robot lawnmowers? Do they work or are they a gimmick until all the kinks are engineered. I do know Husquavarna makes quality products. This particular item is selling for $999.99 CDN.

I finally after months of shopping for a new BBQ I finally found the best deal at TSC. Anyway a 6 burner, 50,000 BTU unit with the stainless steel lid on wheels for $399.99 plus HST. It is also NG convertible. A 50,000 BTU 6 burner unit from Home Depot that says WEBER on the lid is going for, ready $3500.00 plus tax. Yes the lid is heavier, the metal is heavier, a 5 year limited warranty not a 3 year but 3100 bucks heavier, not in my opinion

Green font now? 

Thanks, Johnny D/Selkirk On.

Edited by Old Ironmaker
  • Haha 1

I can’t speak to actual experience with these, but I bought an Ego 56v cordless mower to replace my 17 year old lawn boy.  It won’t do my lawn in 1 cut (runs about 45mins to depletion) but it’s powerful enough to cut thick grass, is whisper quiet, and recharges in 1 beers time. 

Im buying an Ego weed whacker with a matching battery system  ( lower amp hour) which should allow me to cut it all in one shot as long as one battery is on the charger. 

What I’m saying is that I’m sure it will do a good job and quietly. Price seems very good. I paid $500+ for non propelled pusher. IRobot vacuums run in the $500-800 range. 

Is that TSC price accurate?? I just noticed Rona is at $1999 and CT is $1700. 

Id grab one fast is that’s the case

Edited by Hack_Fisherman

With the kids all gone from home, I looked at some of these to keep my runway cut. Husqvarna's are about $4500 each and I'd need at least 4. That'll buy a lot of diesel for the tractor and I suspect these robo mowers will be the next target of thieves at that value. Even the $1000 city yard model OI, how many times a summer does the lawn need cutting and how much $$ to have someone do it each time and not worry about it.

Edited by irishfield

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve seen a few YouTube videos on it. Seems pretty neat, I think if you’re on a city size lot it might be decent. I saw the TSC website advertising  it for that price and also saw it on Amazon.ca for something like 1600 bucks, I think the same model. Also was thinking if I get to that point in my life when lawn cutting is a big chore (I’m almost there!) it might be a better option than hiring a lawn cutting outfit to do it.

On 5/24/2020 at 7:09 PM, irishfield said:

With the kids all gone from home, I looked at some of these to keep my runway cut. Husqvarna's are about $4500 each and I'd need at least 4. That'll buy a lot of diesel for the tractor and I suspect these robo mowers will be the next target of thieves at that value. Even the $1000 city yard model OI, how many times a summer does the lawn need cutting and how much $$ to have someone do it each time and not worry about it.

If you were a little closer I'd come and do it for the fun of it.  Being retired has it's benefits, every day is friday.  After all, who gets to drive a lawn tractor and enjoy. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I want a Husqvarna automower. Sometimes I just stop at Canadian Equipment Outfitters the local dealer here in Innisfil just to watch theirs cut. Amazing how it handles the ditch in front of the store. Take some more saving though.

If you are going cordless or robot, you have to keep the blades sharp or you lose run time. I’ve noticed a difference in run time on my cordless over last year. 

Sharpening is on the do list for today and the nice thing about it is it won’t piss fuel out like the lawn boy did when I turn it on it’s side. I do miss the lawn boy staggered wheel though