Newest Post - introducing someone to fishing

gordy28

I’ve got a few friends like that that I feel like they could easily fall into this lifestyle given the opportunity. They absolutely love fishing when I take them, I just wish I could push them over that edge that makes them interested enough to start buying gear and really take it on.

14 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

Good story, thanks for sharing. When I started fishing I was already married. Had to hold my reel upside down because I am left handed. No one told me you can switch handles. The in laws still laff I'm sure. 

Thanks!   That's funny. One of my cousins would only use a spin cast and did the flip over for the longest time.

2 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

I’ve got a few friends like that that I feel like they could easily fall into this lifestyle given the opportunity. They absolutely love fishing when I take them, I just wish I could push them over that edge that makes them interested enough to start buying gear and really take it on.

For sure.  Well maybe this summer w limited opportunities for adventure tips them over to the dark side! I definitely think the fact that we were on the cusp of driving played a role.  Fishing and camping was a new reason to drive lol.  Also helped that my parents had the trailer and the boat on Balsam.   Thanks for the read.