Picked up a new fly vise. So stoked

misfish

What a sweet deal it was. Cabelas open 9 am. I B-Line to the bargian cave. Loads of tying materials marked down stupid crazy prices. 50-75 % savings. Loaded up. Then I see this wrapped up thing with just some brass showing. Pick it up,read the tag and say,no way. There is usually a note saying something is missing. I ask the lady if she could cut the tape and wrap so I could look at it. Sure as crap,it,was a Griffon  rotary vise and everything was in the bundle.  One motion jaw for all hook sizes .Reg $200 marked down to $19. I asked no questions. B-Line it to the cash,pay and yelling,start the Ram, start the Ram. LOL

Out with the old

DSCF5722.thumb.JPG.a7dd5ff7932e78a3db2471c468e0cb1a.JPG

In with the new

DSCF5723.thumb.JPG.5d5d22d1bd74cc3dd5e89e8ec03c6c31.JPG

Edited by misfish
  • Like 5

Sweet pick up!

I wanted to buy my first fly vise.  A few days ago I had the Peak rotary vise in my Cabelas cart and it was on sale for $189 but I just checked now and it’s back to retail at $229 👎

I wonder how that Griffin vise dropped to $19?  

• Thanks 1

Your old vise was my step up from Canadian Tire kit vise I started with. $60 from Sail I was ripping it.

Couple years I'm thinking stepping up looking at $200-  300 vises.

Then a Ganny legend OMJ was selling  fly stuff and part of that was a Renzetti ,what a step up.

Just this last year I got the old out and tried using it Mmmm sold it.

• Like 1