Boat ramps open

CHCH TV announced that part of phase 1 of getting back to normal The Ontario Provincial Gov is allowing boat ramps to open. Now what? I can only go fishing with someone living at the same address as me. The last statement is mine and mine alone. Otherwise I won't be following social distancing guidelines, no? 

Transport Canada's boating RECOMMENDATION is to only boat with members of your own household. That said it's not law and fishing in a 14' or larger boat and staying at your own ends =  more than 6' of seperation. To follow the social distancing rules under the emergency act, take separate vehicles to the launch, one guy puts the boat in and the other jumps in the nose. Doable and I have at least two buddies doing so since this all started. 

• Like 2

Little pathetic trying to book a launch at Innisfil Beach, I tried a couple days ago and the closest I could find an open slot was like 4 days away at like 7pm, nothing in the morning ish for like a week. They are booking them in 30 minute intervals, so not very many per day. I'm very put off fishing in the boat right now... I have to be able to predict the weather a week in advance to be able to take my kid out fishing. We've just fished for perch in the local rivers around us.

For what it's worth. I'm told that 2 buddy's went out yesterday fishing on Erie. When they got back to the ramp an OPP ghost car and 2 constables are waiting for them. They told the Cops that they live together under the same roof. ID says either one guy is  lying or one guy hasn't changed his address. No fine, just a warning. My question is it a fineable offence? 

When non residents can launch at Innisfil beach park it just got much more expensive 

The cost to park at Innisfil Beach Park just went up.

On May 13, Innisfil council approved the increase.

Innisfil residents with valid parking passes can continue to park for free, but non-residents will have to fork out $10 per hour, up to a daily maximum of $50. 

Buses will have to pay $50, plus $10 for each person on-board, except for children under 10, who are free. 

Story continues below

The fee to use the boat launch is also increasing to $25 per launch. 

In 2019, it cost $7 an hour up to a maximum of $45 to park at Innisfil Beach Park, and $20 to launch a boat. The 2019 price of $7 an hour for parking still applies at other town-operated lots within one kilometre of the Lake Simcoe shoreline in 2020. 

According to town staff, in 2019, parking revenue at Innisfil Beach Park was $332,433, and parking revenue at Shore Acres Drive and Guest Road was $32,717, for a total of $365,150.

The fine for a parking infraction remains $75 for voluntary payment and $90 for a set fine.