Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Pretty sure it's an early version of a "Dying Flutter"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dave524 said:

I'd say it is a Heddon Dowagiac Minnow , but missing the front hooks. 

Front hooks may have been removed so it would be legal to use here in Ontario

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Woodsman said:

Front hooks may have been removed so it would be legal to use here in Ontario

The old days when the flatfish with 2 pairs of trebles on those hangers/spreaders were illegal too, could not even use 2 trebles on a musky quick strike harness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2499334.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=Heddon+Dowagiac+Minnow&_sacat=36169

Unless you are a lure collector and really know what you are doing you don't want to fiddle with those old lures, even attempting to clean them might cause some damage.

i believe Dave made the right call on the lure, evidently there was a 3 and 5 hook version. That swivel on the front does not appear to be standard, again though, not an expert.

Condition means a lot, but so does the rarity of the color and original packaging and any paperwork that went with the item.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dave524 said:

The old days when the flatfish with 2 pairs of trebles on those hangers/spreaders were illegal too, could not even use 2 trebles on a musky quick strike harness.

When would Flatfish have been illegal?  For as long as I can remember, a treble counted as one hook when attached to an artificial lure, and four hooks were allowed per line.  So, four trebles on a lure would have been legal under those rules.

Under the new rules, a treble counts as one hook regardless of whether it's attached to an artificial lure or not.

Edited by John Bacon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, John Bacon said:

When would Flatfish have been illegal?  For as long as I can remember, a treble counted as one hook when attached to an artificial lure, and four hooks were allowed per line.  So, four trebles on a lure would have been legal under those rules.

Under the new rules, a treble counts as one hook regardless of whether it's attached to an artificial lure or not.

Early '80's a treble still counted as 3 when live bait fishing, hence sucker rigs for Musky used a single and 1 treble. Later the rule was changed so a treble was considered 1 hook . A treble was always considered 1 hook for artificial  lures but only 3 were allowed on a plug, not sure when that was upped, definitely the rule in the '60/70's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dave524 said:

Early '80's a treble still counted as 3 when live bait fishing, hence sucker rigs for Musky used a single and 1 treble. Later the rule was changed so a treble was considered 1 hook . A treble was always considered 1 hook for artificial  lures but only 3 were allowed on a plug, not sure when that was upped, definitely the rule in the '60/70's.

It was definitely four in the mid-eighties.  I didn't read the regs before that; so you could be right about a three hook limit in 60/70s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...