24 minutes ago, Woodsman said:

Front hooks may have been removed so it would be legal to use here in Ontario

The old days when the flatfish with 2 pairs of trebles on those hangers/spreaders were illegal too, could not even use 2 trebles on a musky quick strike harness.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2499334.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=Heddon+Dowagiac+Minnow&_sacat=36169

Unless you are a lure collector and really know what you are doing you don't want to fiddle with those old lures, even attempting to clean them might cause some damage.

i believe Dave made the right call on the lure, evidently there was a 3 and 5 hook version. That swivel on the front does not appear to be standard, again though, not an expert.

Condition means a lot, but so does the rarity of the color and original packaging and any paperwork that went with the item.

7 hours ago, dave524 said:

The old days when the flatfish with 2 pairs of trebles on those hangers/spreaders were illegal too, could not even use 2 trebles on a musky quick strike harness.

When would Flatfish have been illegal?  For as long as I can remember, a treble counted as one hook when attached to an artificial lure, and four hooks were allowed per line.  So, four trebles on a lure would have been legal under those rules.

Under the new rules, a treble counts as one hook regardless of whether it's attached to an artificial lure or not.

Edited by John Bacon

13 hours ago, John Bacon said:

When would Flatfish have been illegal?  For as long as I can remember, a treble counted as one hook when attached to an artificial lure, and four hooks were allowed per line.  So, four trebles on a lure would have been legal under those rules.

Under the new rules, a treble counts as one hook regardless of whether it's attached to an artificial lure or not.

Early '80's a treble still counted as 3 when live bait fishing, hence sucker rigs for Musky used a single and 1 treble. Later the rule was changed so a treble was considered 1 hook . A treble was always considered 1 hook for artificial  lures but only 3 were allowed on a plug, not sure when that was upped, definitely the rule in the '60/70's.

2 hours ago, dave524 said:

Early '80's a treble still counted as 3 when live bait fishing, hence sucker rigs for Musky used a single and 1 treble. Later the rule was changed so a treble was considered 1 hook . A treble was always considered 1 hook for artificial  lures but only 3 were allowed on a plug, not sure when that was upped, definitely the rule in the '60/70's.

It was definitely four in the mid-eighties.  I didn't read the regs before that; so you could be right about a three hook limit in 60/70s.