Hounds released

My trips this weekend will be 15 minutes from my place and they will not require any stops or mingling. :Gonefishing:

I ca not wait to watch the news. I will bet there will be many up roars from the north locals of being over run. Some people just do not get it Wayne.

My parents live in Gooderham, and there is one small store, Lucky Dollar, in the entire town. Every summer, when I'm up there to visit, the store is absolutely crammed with people who are visitors to the area. It will be very interesting to see how smalltown variety/grocery stores handle the influx of people..

7 minutes ago, Ronzo said:

My parents live in Gooderham, and there is one small store, Lucky Dollar, in the entire town. Every summer, when I'm up there to visit, the store is absolutely crammed with people who are visitors to the area. It will be very interesting to see how smalltown variety/grocery stores handle the influx of people..

If I owed that store,I would hire the toughest local thugs. Have them stand at the front door,allow locals only. All others will be asked to leave politely. If they refuse, well, ya know what happens next.LOL

1 hour ago, misfish said:

If I owed that store,I would hire the toughest local thugs. Have them stand at the front door,allow locals only. All others will be asked to leave politely. If they refuse, well, ya know what happens next.LOL

That would probably be my Cousins.. the Graham boys!! LOL

2 hours ago, Fisherman said:

Yup, Home Depot parking lot full, Garden Gallery, lined up out the door across the parking lot.  Nuts, not standing in the rain umbrella or not.

HD garden centre was a clusterf$#%. no space in the aisles, no masks. they should have controlled access and limited the numbers inside the garden centre. I mean they had a separate entrance so what the hell ? when I spoke to customer service about it, they said, at one point, that it's an essential service, and did I find what I wanted. Essential ? gtfo...I mean the csr was tone deaf and probably had no clearance to say anything other than what was in the corp playbook.I wish there was a Lowes or Rona closer to me...

Edited by woodenboater

31 minutes ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

I give it 2 weeks before the Rona runs rampant and everything is shut down again.  😷

Wouldn't surprise me either.  Last time I ordered from Garden Gallery, pick your stuff on line, pick your pick up time on line and show up, pretty efficient.  Who knows how long you have to wait outside because people are using it as "an outing" and can't get their suff together and wander around aimlessly.   WB was right, HD was another clusterfuddle inside, fortunately I knew exactly where the rechargeable drill battery was I needed,  in and out of the store in about 3 minutes.  I wonder how many po'ed people there will be with resident only boat launching. 

8 hours ago, misfish said:

I dunno man, the toughest local thugs around there are all talk no action, lol.

I wish I had a place to go up to. Of course I’d do my part to bring everything with me instead of shop in town. I’d be in my truck, on my property or on the lake...no human to human contact required, and if so, no harm in talking to passing boaters. 

This covid thing is getting to be too much. Life can resume with precautions. 

I'm not going up to the boat till things calm down. But locals really should stay away from stores/crowds to keep safe. No way I'd be going out this weekend if living up there. Long weekend for a southerner should be treated like a work day by a northerner where he/she would call in sick during an ice storm.

• Thanks 1

Definitely not as crazy as a typical long weekend up here. Partially due to the fact that a huge portion of visitors to PAB are American.

There is 100% a very significant influx of people though compared to how insanely quiet it was just two weeks ago. 

water is bloody cold 49 in most places although I’m sure it’s warmed up a bit today with the sun. Fish are still out deep waiting for the shallows to heat up more.

i spent the whole day swimming in a dry suit. Just came in after 10 hours out there. The ice in November broke up during a big storm, the water levels came up huge and carried our dock way out into the lake. Had to re lift all of the weights holding it in place...what a pain in the you know what.

black flies are definitely out...cant believe we went from snow to insane blackfly season in 5 days. What a joke.

Edited by AKRISONER

Barrie traffic has been crazy. Not sure if it,s the locals going stir crazy or others. Lots of bikes cruising around. Had a mass of about 30 or more cruise by. And there goes another.LOL

The ramp had 2 boats at 5 am. Buddy was surprised as he got there for 4 am. While I was out on the bay from 5:30-10, I had 6 boats and 2 seadoos, 2 yakers and a couple in a canoe that had no PFD,s on.  That was just insane even with flat waters. Temp was 4.3 C. As the air temp raised,the midge started to show.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, misfish said:

I had 6 boats and 2 seadoos, 2 yakers and a couple in a canoe that had no PFD,s on.  That was just insane even with flat waters. Temp was 4.3 C.

Maybe the know where the rocks are and can walk on water.

The same way they handle the influx every summer I would think. I haven't gotten this line of thinking from the folks up north since this debate began. 

A lot of those towns are in a situation that is totally new to them. They don't want or need people bringing an infection, but they also rely heavily on tourism. There are some who make all their money in the summer and spend the winter in Florida. They're really going to get squeezed.

It was definitely a quieter long weekend here in the Haliburton Highlands. Folks came up to their cottages, but nowhere near the amount of traffic as usual, especially given how nice the weather was. I am always amazed at how little fishing traffic there is up here on the opening day of 'eye season. Several very good 'eye lakes didn't have a boat on them.