picked up my new bass boat

bow slayer

lmao holy crap. Interesting they are using a turbo diesel for power. I guess they are probably grabbing small truck engines. When I heard 60psi I was thinking What the literal hell? Then I realized it was a turbo diesel lol.

I wanna know who was the first guy to figure out you can go that fast on one of those hulls. Holy crap it seems scary and dangerous as all hell...probably because it is lol. Absolutely wild.

20 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

Heck I would!! The real question is...where are they getting the loot to build $20k USD boats??? Lol

With a job..just like you or I would?   Thailand has a fairly booming economy. 

All I know is I want one for hauling duck decoys.  

11 minutes ago, Freshtrax said:

With a job..just like you or I would?   Thailand has a fairly booming economy.  

Sounds simple enough. Lol

The average wage in Thailand is around $800CDN per month. So regardless of their economy, I didn’t expect to see $20k USD boats. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2020 at 6:56 AM, dave524 said:

Reminds me of the popular sea fleas that were built from Mechanics Illustrated Plans around 1960, we didn't tweak the motors though Build Your Own Boat: POPULAR MECHANICS, March 1965

Had one as a kid, they were everywhere on Crow lake back in the 70'80's.  Such a blast.

59 minutes ago, Chris J said:

Had one as a kid, they were everywhere on Crow lake back in the 70'80's.  Such a blast.

early 60's here, cable and pulley steering, the throttle you just reached back and twisted the tiller, one speed, flat out 😀

9 hours ago, dave524 said:

early 60's here, cable and pulley steering, the throttle you just reached back and twisted the tiller, one speed, flat out 😀

How did we ever manage without writing a test and getting a Pleasure craft licence?? :D

• Haha 1