ProNav GPS module anyone have one?

Raycaster

I have a Terrova 80 with ipilot non Bluetooth and am frustrated that there is no option to the BlueTooth option. At one time I was going to build simple Bluetooth controller to piggyback the foot pedal connector for relatively easy hookup. I’m just starting to grasp mapkit programming but I don’t see it being a problem. Well, never bothered and thought I’d just upgrade one day.

Just saw the ProNav GPS unit now that connects to a ton of lesser trolling motors for Bluetooth connectivity and use with the navionics app. Basically you would just plot the points on the map and select speed and GO!

Not sure if the newer Bluetooth trolling motors offer navionics or bluechart plotting but that would be awesome. My 24v Terrova isn’t supported and it seems to have a huge price tag but just wondering if anyone here has upgraded their ProDrives etc?

I know some of the new minn kotas can follow contours etc.but simply plotting points on my iPad and hitting GO would be awesome... (ProNav $1000.... not sure if awesome enough)

Edited by Raycaster

Doesn’t the Terrova have blue tooth as it has a gps puck that connects via Bluetooth? Or are you referring to being able to connect the motor itself to another separate product? The other features that you’re talking about are the Ipilot Link features. Maybe you should’ve considered the link model before rather then on another product to do the same? I know I should’ve bought the link model but I’m still happy with the basic ipilot. 

I have the Terrova 80 before the Bluetooth option and it has has no upgrade. Didn’t really think I needed the link function at the time. I just looked back on the forum and discussed a ProNav possible device Jan 2017, darn I should get a cut of the profits!

if the upgrade ProNav wasn’t so $$$ I would sell my Terrova for a lesser model that was ProNav compatible.

I have had the Terrova 80 for a few years and has worked great but seeing the simple ProNav app functions and navionics integration makes me a little jealous.

The ilink option at the time just integrated with Humminbird units so it wasn’t considered. Not even sure if the 2020 ilink for the new models has straight integration to the standalone navionics app.

But my model is basically “dead” as its not upgradeable by Minn Kota and there is no ProNav package yet. I would have to sell it and downgrade to a ProNav compatible 12v model.

Still can’t figure out the ProNavs high price and why they need the user to strip out ipilot circuit etc. And add another gps device. 

Simply piggyback a Bluetooth controller off the foot pedal connector and use your phone or iPads gps. Yes you would need a iPad with true gps but any iPads with cell intergration would work. Most phones gps would be fine too.

Im probably missing some sensor feedback from the unit but just don’t see the cost of a $1000 per ProNav mod. Gps running 100% on a phone or iPad would eat the battery and would require a power supply if used constantly.

I did send their tech support a question and got a quick response so their support seems solid.

Edited by Raycaster