Piranha Propellers

Has anyone tried a Piranha Prop?  Is their performance noticebly different than aluminum props.

I am planning to switch to a four blade prop.  I remember seeing these at the Sportsman Show and was wondering how they perform.

I have one on the boat now 90hp merc. I fish alot of uncharted northern waters and it's saved me multiple times now.  Being able to lift the motor to swap out a broken blade is way more important to me than a bit of performance.  I guess it depends on how you use your rig.  I would definitely recommend if you are looking for durability and not performance. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Woodsman said:

lickmyarmpit I thought the blade flexibility would decrease performance but have not owned one so I didn't comment on that.

Flexibility may actually improve the hole shot because the flexing effectively reduces pitch.  But you may lose some top end speed for the same reason.

6 hours ago, John Bacon said:

Flexibility may actually improve the hole shot because the flexing effectively reduces pitch.  But you may lose some top end speed for the same reason.

Exactly she sits down on plane allot quicker but has lost a few mph wide open.  I run a deep wide Lund so going stupid fast was never really an option. Way too much drag for the 90.