Wasaga Beach Ramp Open

Wasaga Beach boat ramp open
I must admit I was, and am, a bit ambivalent about posting this. I contacted the town a couple of weeks ago and suggested that they be consistent with almost every other municipality and close it, but they have decided that there's no harm in leaving it open. So you can either thank me for posting this or crap all over me for encouraging people to do the 'non-essential. The launch at Nancy I in Wasaga is a couple of km from the mouth if you choose to fish the bay.

Well with Muskoka open. 
Kawartha lakes opening on the 14 

kingston open Belleville, Picton  open 

north Frontenac 

and more ramps open. shouldn’t be too bad 

provincial parks opening for day pass. Their boat ramps are day pass accessible so I hope they are open  

We have only flattened the curve here in Niagara, the numbers are not going down yet, what are these idiots thinking by opening things up so soon :wallbash:, going to end up losing the whole summer if it backfires

edit: just speaking as part of the most vulnerable segment of society

Edited by dave524
  • Like 3

Whether they open a week ago or in 6 months without an effective vaccine when they open the numbers have to go up 

as long as the hospitals aren’t  full they need to open things up

Ontario, Canada, the world will go teats up if we don’t stat back up and if that happens hospitals will close and no support for anything  o money equals many more deaths 

i like what my muni did...kept it closed but allowed the marinas to put local's boats in the water. Stops people from coming from everywhere just to visit the community. If you have property you can come through a controlled environment and launch. (the marinas are being extremely strict and are requiring that you book a time to launch!)

On 5/9/2020 at 7:28 PM, Terry said:

provincial parks opening for day pass. Their boat ramps are day pass accessible so I hope they are open  

From the press release I seen the only day use activities allowed are walking, hiking, bird watching and biking. Beaches still off limits.

• Like 1

I think the problem is the doctors(In charge of health units) that say it’s a high risk activity. Have cabin cruiser or  big sail boats and at a lot of marinas  they have a launching weekend and everyone comes and it’s a party. Everyone helps put the boats in and they drink and bbq 
Which has nothing to do with day trip boat launches 
These people in charge are real world ignorant 
And for that we get screwed

10 hours ago, Terry said:

I think the problem is the doctors(In charge of health units) that say it’s a high risk activity. 

Looks like one of those doctors sure over stepped it.

And not for the first time but this one sure has Human Rights problems all over this one.

https://london.ctvnews.ca/farmers-should-throw-them-in-the-garbage-health-unit-issues-controversial-ids-for-migrant-workers-1.4934539?fbclid=IwAR1PmyDO7meHOzhs5Y0hDTCPOi6Mr3UMMQ_f3Ld6c_e4N1mCprw_3Hn4aeo

Since Haldimand-norfolk is the county that county has said no cottagers (otherwise it's a 5000.00 a day fine), maybe they just want the workers to have a pass that identifies them from the cottagers. That way it's easier for them to issue tickets. 

Ramps are still open in my area because we don't have the resources in our county to close all the ramps or even try to enforce it. Of course we have only 4 active cases for a population of over 100,000