Dock fishing ice out pike

Hi all,

finished the dock I started last year. Used some ‘Z’ purling from the dump, an old I beam joist my neighbour gave me and my neighbours help and expertise. 
With wood, tool hire and some dock hardware I’ve ordered, a 32’ x 8’ dock cost me just under $1000, I’m pretty pleased with the results.

We used ready rod to fix the beam to an exposed rock, which happened to be perfectly placed because it’s right where I launch the boat from the lawn. I built a shore crib to anchor at the other end. A few more holes drilled in the rock towards the centre of the dock with ready rod dropped in provided extra support.
Two days after completion the ice had left our bay enough to cast for pike.

Last year my son Jack was beside himself with grief because the rock that was now going to be covered had always been know to us as “Secret Island” since he was a little over a year old. I tried consoling him with how cool a dock would be, but despite his brave face I knew he was not convinced.
Fast forward a year and he’s convinced... lol.... he fished the whole day down there one day, he will usually fish for a maximum 10 minutes, I’ll take it while it lasts!

Edited by limeyangler
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, LefroyFisherman said:

Awesome Video, I'm jealous of your area up there! Beautiful

Thanks buddy,

We are remaining vigilant up here too. While this horrid virus ravages everything we took for granted a lot of the time, having everything you love on your doorstep, with the added advantage of being able to continue to do those things you love is not lost on me, its going to be an odd summer not doing my guiding or seeing any US folks on the lake, more fish for me....lol. 

• Like 1