Now we have killer Hornets,,,,,,

7 minutes ago, knightfisher said:

That was horrible to watch, wow. Hopefully the 'murder hornets' fade away like the 'killer bees''

What's next....probably the assassin wasps

Killer bees haven't really faded away.  They just never made it this far north.  They do have them in the southern states.  They're not has bad as the media portrayed them back in the 70s; but they do kill people each year.

• Sad 1

There was a big scare about these a few years back, everyone panicked, turned out to be the native Cicada Killers, but that was not reported with the same sensationalist fanfare, everyone missed the retract. 

A few years ago I was working in the yard and stirred up a whole ground nest of bees and was stung at least 40 times. Only took a minute to swat as many as possible away and get into the house but by then I was on the floor and couldn't even get up. My wife called 911 and I was rushed into emerg and spent 5 hours there getting fixed up.

Worst darned experience I've ever been through and can't even imagine what it'd be like getting swarmed by these new Giant Hornets.

20150711_161933.jpg

7 hours ago, lew said:

A few years ago I was working in the yard and stirred up a whole ground nest of bees and was stung at least 40 times. Only took a minute to swat as many as possible away and get into the house but by then I was on the floor and couldn't even get up. My wife called 911 and I was rushed into emerg and spent 5 hours there getting fixed up.

Worst darned experience I've ever been through and can't even imagine what it'd be like getting swarmed by these new Giant Hornets.

20150711_161933.jpg

Happened to me as a kid up at my grandparents cottage. I stepped on a hollow log that disintegrated. Was horrible. 

1 hour ago, kickingfrog said:

Anyone see the video of a mantis grabbing one of these things and eating its face while still alive?

Yup, Mantis must have pretty strong front legs to immobilize the hornet and then start chomping away on the eye socket