The Science Behind Fishing Part III

I hope that some members were able to join in on the Facebook "LIVE" "EVERYTHING FISHING" Chat with Bruce Tufts last week and that you found it informative and entertaining! I'm hosting Part III of "The Science Behind Fishing" this Wed. May 6th at 7:30 EDT on the "EVERYTHING You Wanted to Know About FISHING but were afraid 2 ask..." group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1421921441322251/ This week, I'm going to have Dr. Steven Cooke from Carleton University in Ottawa. We'll discuss what his Fish Ecology & Conservation Physiology Lab is up to these days. Dr. Cooke and members of the Cooke Lab are working on some very interesting subjects and theories regarding the science of catching & releasing fish! This stuff always intrigues me as I'm a strong believer in that knowledge is key and the better you understand your prey/quarry the better an angler you're going to be! Hope that you can join us and bring your questions and we'll answer as many as possible!

Steven Cook 001.jpg

Steven Cook 002.jpg

• Like 2

I have seen Steve and his students present in the past and have chatted with him numerous times. He is very knowledgeable and has looked into numerous issues directly related to angling (e.g. post-survival release and fish movement). Very worthwhile listening to if you are available. Here is a link to his lab at Carleton.

Cooke Lab

Jon

• Like 1