How about a Morel report thread for 2020?

I recently purchased 30 acres in Quinte West with about 60% wood lot. When I walked the property last week I noticed an area where the leaves were disturbed so I was wondering if it was an animal or someone foraging.  Regardless, now that the warmer weather is upon us can someone help me with what areas to look in?

Also please before we start discussing it's poisonous cousin (false morel), I know the difference, just never spent serious time foraging.

TIA

Maybe another week now with the rain we had and temps warming up.  Leaves moved on the ground, could be turkeys foraging.  Over the last 1-12 years I learned don't expect to find them in the same place twice, no rhyme or reason.  One year, here, next year 2-300 feet away,  in woods, along roadsides,  under pines, poplars.   It can drive you nuts.  The trick is to find the first one without crushing the rest.  Then do a slow eyeball sweep.

15 hours ago, Fisherman said:

Maybe another week now with the rain we had and temps warming up.  Leaves moved on the ground, could be turkeys foraging.  Over the last 1-12 years I learned don't expect to find them in the same place twice, no rhyme or reason.  One year, here, next year 2-300 feet away,  in woods, along roadsides,  under pines, poplars.   It can drive you nuts.  The trick is to find the first one without crushing the rest.  Then do a slow eyeball sweep.

Thank you!. Well I have pines and poplars..lol.  There's also a hydro easement going through the property so I'll check along the edges of that.

Could be turkeys, ive seen them around before.

Stay tuned :)

Have watched some videos, as I do not know what to look for. Now that I have watched,I know a few areas that have them. I always thought they were some funky growth. Seen them around my fiddle head spots .I will be out Monday for a look see while I wet a line .

3 hours ago, Gerritt said:

Not much of a help on 'shroom hunting, but thought I'd welcome you to Quinte West. I love it here! Where abouts in QW did you purchase?

G.

NNW of frankford.  My wood lot runs up one of the ridges in the area.

Thanks for all the input everyone :)

We'll we've had enough rain I figure, once the temps go up a bit things should start happening. 

Neat picture Smitty!

Pine plantations? There are a few around (went through some on the snowmobile).  Thanks, I'll keep a lookout.

misfish, patience bud,