Custom casting decks

b_cdot

Anyone on the site know if there's anyone in SW ontario that does good work in this area? I've seen boats with rear decks that have bait boxes and storage built in. After looking around online I can't find who does this. I am looking for a rear casting deck for a ranger 621. Ranger does make one but its just an 18" fiberglass extension and it costs 1300$. Seems steep because I think it's really only 500$ US but after duty, exchange and getting it delivered to a dealership it gets marked up considerably. They won't deliver to your house, it needs to be ordered by a dealership. Thanks for any info. 

I built a deck extension for my Ranger bass boat a while back, it was relatively easy to do. If you want someone to build it for you contact Martin at Grimsby Tackle. He does very nice work and will understand your needs. 

1 hour ago, b_cdot said:

The water is a bit low this year...... beauty deck!!

Actually, Lake Ontario is at the end of my street, can walk there for shore casting brown trout in a couple of minutes,  but the park and pier are all closed off now.

The only thing ranger offers for my boat is an 18" extension for the back for 1300. I can remember seeing a video of a musky fisherman with a back casting deck and underneath was storage boxes for bait. It was a really cool setup. Was just looking to see if anyones seen anything similar and who might do these setups. It was not a home project it was someone that specialized in those customizations.

Good video Brian.

It was funny cause when he opened the lid to the tackle storage 1st thing that I thought was he probably only uses a couple of them then he said basically the same thing  LOL

On 4/30/2020 at 1:19 AM, b_cdot said:

Anyone on the site know if there's anyone in SW ontario that does good work in this area? I've seen boats with rear decks that have bait boxes and storage built in. After looking around online I can't find who does this. I am looking for a rear casting deck for a ranger 621. Ranger does make one but its just an 18" fiberglass extension and it costs 1300$. Seems steep because I think it's really only 500$ US but after duty, exchange and getting it delivered to a dealership it gets marked up considerably. They won't deliver to your house, it needs to be ordered by a dealership. Thanks for any info. 

BTW, you can order direct from Ranger but I don't think there's any difference in pricing.

Check with the folks on Walleye Central, I've seem some pretty cool custom work on that site.

16 minutes ago, KraTToR said:

BTW, you can order direct from Ranger but I don't think there's any difference in pricing.

Check with the folks on Walleye Central, I've seem some pretty cool custom work on that site.

Good idea.... might consider an account there. Lots of good info

20 hours ago, Musky Plug said:

I’ve seen these before on Facebook. They make custom stuff like the video above. 
https://justencase.com

If you have an idea or blueprint of what you want you could have P&A plastics in Hamilton make you something custom. I’ve order custom things for work, a bit pricey but may work for what you want. 

That's awesome, thanks