Travelling to fish?

I have heard many on here urge everybody to limit travelling to fish to comply with the govt's request that we make only essential trips.  I on the Notty. The last few days have been quite busy here and I am quite confident that they are not all local----they never are they come from all over. It seems that many are not getting the message. 

A rather easy tell if local or not is the license plate bracket on the car.  If it's not a local dealership name (for those with them on the car) then the odds are higher that they are not local.  Mind you they could have purchased said car out of town due to a good deal but it's more likely they are not local.  Hell years ago I would go to some sections of the Notty all the way from Brooklin to fish with my former bro-in-law. 

10 hours ago, GBW said:

If it's not a local dealership name (for those with them on the car) then the odds are higher that they are not local. 

My truck has an Ontario Chrysler decal on it. That is where I bought it, and I live some what local to the Notty. So throw that out the door .:D

15 minutes ago, misfish said:

My truck has an Ontario Chrysler decal on it. That is where I bought it, and I live some what local to the Notty. So throw that out the door .:D

That's why I said this too, Mind you they could have purchased said car out of town due to a good deal

Bonus for me I guess, as I've always demanded ZERO free advertisment logos or plate wraps on every vehicle I buy. Last one was my '18 truck and the prep guy had stuck a Bourgeois sticker on the tailgate. I requested it's removal and with reluctance salesman tore it off.. and the clear coat. Tail gate then swapped from another truck for me and a sticker put back on the other.... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I agree Wayne! First vehicle I bought off a dealer there was some poor kid about to stick that plastic  dealer sticker on the back...I told him not to, he said he had to, I told him he better not as it was now my truck! Poor lid looked like he was gonna cry...

Edited by Pigeontroller

Both the Mrs car and my truck didn't even have stickers and or plate brackets put on either when we got them new.  All you have to do it make sure that "no dealership logo's" are put on the 'get ready' that the shop and detail person get's when buying new.  

Sometimes they help lol.

I wore an ONTARIO logo shirt when I did Tourism advertising Only given to tourism partners. I was treated a bit better when I visited tourism locations:) the logo was the one you see on fishing shows and Go Fish ONTARIO. 

2 hours ago, Crimsongulf said:

I am sure there will be some indignation when we show up the second week of June with Alabama plates. 😐

That date is getting closer and closer by the day. Let's all hope the border is opened by then. Our European cruse is cancelled so I thought June would be a good time to travel down east. We would take the ferry at Bar Harbor Maine to Nova Scotia and knock off several hours of driving. If the borders are open by then to tourism. 

7 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

We would take the ferry at Bar Harbor Maine to Nova Scotia and knock off several hours of driving. If the borders are open by then to tourism. 

We spent 3 weeks touring the east coast last September and planned on taking that ferry but found out it was closed long term for upgrading but I just checked and it looks like it'll be opening pretty soon now.

https://www.newscentermaine.com/article/travel/the-cat-ferry-service-is-back/97-ff936dac-2f52-4439-85d9-15b55b3f5aa5

14 hours ago, irishfield said:

I wouldn't count on make that trip unfortunately. Not gonna happen...

It will happen.  I am not the type to not be prepared.  I have directly contacted CBSA and there is a procedure for it.

The wife is still a Canadian citizen with a Canadian passport with immediate relatives living in Canada.  

A foreign national who is an immediate family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident is exempt from the travel restrictions and permitted to travel to Canada if they have the required travel documents.

Edited by Crimsongulf

1 hour ago, Crimsongulf said:

It will happen.  I am not the type to not be prepared.  I have directly contacted CBSA and there is a procedure for it.

The wife is still a Canadian citizen with a Canadian passport with immediate relatives living in Canada.  

A foreign national who is an immediate family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident is exempt from the travel restrictions and permitted to travel to Canada if they have the required travel documents.

Yes

but they have to self isolate for 14 days before you contact anyone   That’s family ,gas stations or anywhere else 

Just now, Terry said:

Yes

but they have to self isolate for 14 days before you contact anyone   That’s family ,gas stations or anywhere else 

I am aware of that and it really isn't a problem to do so even though it would be impossible to enforce.

The gentleman that I talked with was super nice and informative.  He said for TW to have her birth certificate as well as something to prove Canadian property ownership and if the restrictions are still in place at that time having a covid test and have the results with us.

WE know it will be a hassle to cross so if it adds a day to the trip, so be it.

We will have to stop for gas after crossing but that can be done from the pump and I will have to pee at least once but for anyone that fishes, that isn't a problem.

After we cross in Detroit it is about 7 hours to the cottage if we take the 407.

The businesses include garden centres for curbside pick-up and delivery only, lawn care and landscaping, more construction projects deemed essential, car washes, and auto dealers by appointment only.

Golf courses and marinas will be allowed to begin prepping for their seasons, but will not be permitted to open to the public.

Edited by mamona

PREPARE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I prepared 2 weeks worth of dinners to be frozen . That dose not mean they need to be used with,n the 2 weeks . They can be ate 6 months to a year from now .

BE PREPARED

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, misfish said:

PREPARE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I prepared 2 weeks worth of dinners to be frozen . That dose not mean they need to be used with,n the 2 weeks . They can be ate 6 months to a year from now .

BE PREPARED

I have roasted peppers from 2018, tomato pure from 2019, supresata (Calabrian salami) from 2017. 
I found yeast BTW. 

4 minutes ago, ketchenany said:

I have roasted peppers from 2018, tomato pure from 2019, supresata (Calabrian salami) from 2017. 
I found yeast BTW. 

If I drive down , leave a few at the end of the drive for curb pick up ?

Glad you got yeast my friend . I would leave a jar or 2 as a barter.:D

No barter, this stuff is gold Cashmere  down here right  now $10 for 200g. 
I Did my rounds and not a flake today, get home wife got a message from our bakery we have been dealing with for 30 years to come in and get some. 18 km round trip but worth it.

Essential commute for sure, bread just came out of the oven. taralli from last week.

7A01B521-26B8-4CAE-8F4C-976FADCE1D70.jpeg

Edited by ketchenany
  • Like 1