No trout openner reports eh??

NAW

Just back from a few hours on a small stream. Not a sniff. Lost 3 stone flys. LOL

I like fishing it when the bug action is better . There wasn't a one seen . Even under rocks there was not a lot to see .

Felt good to atleast get out  .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, misfish said:

Just back from a few hours on a small stream. Not a sniff. Lost 3 stone flys. LOL

I like fishing it when the bug action is better . There wasn't a one seen . Even under rocks there was not a lot to see .

Felt good to atleast get out  .

saturday we had a crazy hatch of some kinda midges, i ate one when a breeze blew one in my open mouth lol...not that that helped me catch any trout at all lollll

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, misfish said:

Funny, I was thinking the same thing when I was walking the banks. I am going to check another spot in the morning.

Maybe with the rain my area should/could be getting the next 3 day's it might get them going.

2 hours ago, msp said:

did crappy. my spot got poached all week. walked a couple other home tribs and got some fish here and there. nothin special. may be my last year fishing opener. 

I hear ya man.  

The spot I went oppenning morning got poached as well.  My buddy caught a guy fishing there Friday morning while he was out walking his dog.. 

its sad.

I'm really lucky to have a creek behind me (literally 75m from my back door) and a river 90 seconds drive.

Opener was busy this year I'm not use to seeing many people there.  I still managed to keep a good distance from everyone and get into some fish.

2F283B07-1361-4C4D-B3D5-911561BA7097.jpeg

Edited by Dutch01
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Dutch01 said:

I'm really lucky to have a creek behind me (literally 75m from my back door) and a river 90 seconds drive.

Opener was busy this year I'm not use to seeing many people there.  I still managed to keep a good distance from everyone and get into some fish.

You are a lucky man!  

nice fish!

• Like 1

Spent a few hrs on a Saugeen trib in between rainstorms this afternoon..only caught 5 or 6 but more or less a scouting mission and test some new equipment.. surprised water was on the low side for this time of year..from what Ive been hearing it's been a slow week but better days ahead..

Good luck all

Stay safe

IMG_20200430_150300454.jpg

IMG_20200430_154915551.jpg

IMG_20200430_145145959.jpg

IMG_20200430_154907453.jpg

• Like 2