Too early to open?

The Gov of Florida as well as some mayors south insist on opening some facilities. I just hope that all this discipline(most) people have shown is not all for nothing. In my opinion it's too early to slack off now. I want to see the curve more than flatten, I want to see it drop. No matter what we are allowed to do in the future we will still self isolate and take all the precautions regardless. I could use a haircut. I was a month behind when this all started in Feb. Now I am 3 months behind and I look like Don King in the morning. It's the longest it's been for the last 40 years, maybe longer. Good for covering peachy spots on the noggin' though. 

edit: This morning it was something like 3 states opening up at 4PM today is it up to 13 states all across the continental US. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, ketchenany said:

Or over the top. With lots of hairspray that a hurricane could not move.

Yup

Only for outside only though . Inside it aint bothering me .

I remember my pop using this stuff . LOL

Edited by misfish

This is sort of uncharted territory, the last time we had an epidemic like this was 1918? and the world at that time was a very different place? We can't stay shut down forever, but the risks of reopening do need serious consideration. Florida's biggest source of income is probably tourism, I can only imagine being a fly on the wall and listening to some of the calls that governor and others are getting?

Will round 2 follow a reopening? Some of the rhetoric about tyranny is interesting? It wasn't called that when the government drafted you for military service and sent you to another country to fight? What would they do now?

The wife and I will continue to isolate until the 2nd wave of infections is over due this foolishness, as I said I am diagnosed COPD and her Emphysema, our chances of survival if we got it would be slim and none. I just hope they continue with the early morning seniors' hours so I can get our weekly essential groceries done.

3 hours ago, OhioFisherman said:

I can only imagine being a fly on the wall and listening to some of the calls that governor and others are getting?

Sometimes people forget that lobbying is 100% legal in the United States therefore allowing money to define political action.

in this case you have a significant amount of industries that are willing to fill the pockets of governors and law makers for the purpose of ensuring their business can move forward again regardless of the human consequences. 

im not a conspiracy theorist personally but the total coincidence that when the commodity traded by the wealthiest companies in the United States Of American dipped into negative territory that multiple governors then immediately turned 180 and began action to immediately re-open the economy without any consideration for the potential negative health impacts.

I’m glad in canada it’s already been determined that a gentle roll back of quarantine measures will be the approach rather than a 100% immediate re-opening. It’s always safer to spot your jump before taking the leap.

12 hours ago, OhioFisherman said:

? Some of the rhetoric about tyranny is interesting? It wasn't called that when the government drafted you for military service and sent you to another country to fight? What would they do now?

Very good observation. Sitting on the couch not quite as risky as the front line in the army!!👍👍