Anyone try to get one of these FREE easy tie tools ?

They say free and pay for shipping,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Been popping up on a lot of fishing videos these days .

Would be nice to have,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

https://www.ecofishtackle.com/products/ezetie-4-in-1-knot-tool?gclid=CjwKCAjw4pT1BRBUEiwAm5QuR4_f5N37A8c8OPhLZUdQIoTz0x7U6OhHr8GEIFYzZrdmZ-1OeRfUthoCogsQAvD_BwE

Edited by misfish

If the eyes are getting bad and it helps (more so on a windy day) then why not try it?  I have seen a few like that as of late too.  My eye's are going and they must know it so I've considered it.  

Warning - IF you do try ordering this watch your credit card billings online frequently - I tried with something similar and ended up having to get several fake charges reversed and my card reissued.  Not saying this isn't legit, but remember about things seeming too good to be true...

Michael

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cheaptackle said:

Warning - IF you do try ordering this watch your credit card billings online frequently - I tried with something similar and ended up having to get several fake charges reversed and my card reissued.  Not saying this isn't legit, but remember about things seeming too good to be true...

Michael

Thanks for the warning.

2 hours ago, cheaptackle said:

Michael

Pay via PayPal and you'll be fine + your purchase is protected.  ;)

18 hours ago, misfish said:

So, more then what the product is worth ? I have a be atch of a time, tying that nail knot to my main fly line . LOL

when I flyfished I used a pen tube wrap the leader over the pen tube with the fly line in it then put the leader back through the tube take the pen tube off and tighten it up

Edited by Rodbender
  • Thanks 1

Once you get the 2 finger twirl down pat, this one has served me well for over 30 years tying up eye hooks for steelhead, strong and quick.  Like it says if you tie flies and do a whip finish without one of those safety pin type whip finisher tools the mechanics are the same.   http://www.steelheader.net/knots/whip_finish.htm

22 minutes ago, dave524 said:

Once you get the 2 finger twirl down pat, this one has served me well for over 30 years tying up eye hooks for steelhead, strong and quick.  Like it says if you tie flies and do a whip finish without one of those safety pin type whip finisher tools the mechanics are the same.   http://www.steelheader.net/knots/whip_finish.htm

I can tie a knot for hooks, and uni to uni easy and probly blind folded, It,s that darn nail knot. I will give the pen thing a try. I have tried using a nail and a straight bobbin needle, but for the life of me,I can not get it right. I tried the shank snell knot and almost have it down, almost. I will see how it holds up in the morning . GOING FLY FISHING. :good:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, misfish said:

I can tie a knot for hooks, and uni to uni easy and probly blind folded, It,s that darn nail knot. I will give the pen thing a try. I have tried using a nail and a straight bobbin needle, but for the life of me,I can not get it right. I tried the shank snell knot and almost have it down, almost. I will see how it holds up in the morning . GOING FLY FISHING. :good:

for a nail knot , I use a section of empty ball pen ink tube instead of a nail and pass the leader back through the tube. 

edit This may help , to the backing I use an albright knotimage.png.0a0b1c7c71ade906a3d229481d92b3c6.png

Edited by dave524
  • Thanks 1

I ordered one last week too.  I tried to check the shipping that they gave me and it kept coming up that there was no data for that tracking number.  I sent the company an email and they got back to me right away and gave me another tracking number.  I checked into it and it was saying it was shipped.  It is coming from China, so it will take a few weeks to get to you.  I wish I would have known it came from there, I wouldn't have purchased it.  I am trying to keep my money in Canada at this time.

Chrispy!

On 4/29/2020 at 12:49 PM, RayK said:

I have a similar tool, and they work great once you get the hang of it. These days I just put a permanent Loop on the end of the fly line, and attach leaders using a Loop to Loop connection. 

I was using the loop to loop, found to much drag. Ya I am a pro am guy.LOL

I finally got my order through to Cabelas for fly supplies. I added one of those knot things to it. Atleast I know what I am paying for .:canadian:

On 4/27/2020 at 6:54 PM, misfish said:

You need thicker line at your age! Lol

1207790D-BD22-4F03-BC6E-3C9000241326.jpeg

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have found a knot that I can tie easy now. It,s not really a nail knot, but more like a snell. It is easy and works just as well.

Brian from Mad River outfitters on youtube showed this.

This guy just opened a beauty of a fly shop. All during the Covid . What a shop. Wish there was one like that around close by.