Transducer Interference

Hey Guys,

Would there be interference if I mounted 2 different transducers approximately a few inches away from one another? Or on the same transducer board? One would be a Mega SI transducer and the other would be the HD SI transducer. Or is it possible for a Helix 7 Chirp G2N to read the 2D sonar reading from a Mega Chirp transducer from a Helix 9 G3N? Both of the units are chirp and use the same frequency when using the 2D sonar and they would be networked together at the console. Any info would be appreciated as I haven't been able to find anything. Thanks guys. 

Edited by Musky Plug

Just standard stuff .

I would tape transducer cable then buy those plastic covers for wire.

If possible route cables away from each other.

Don't ball exacter cable get proper holders.

Same with power cables the better the install the better performance. 

1 hour ago, Garnet said:

Just standard stuff .

I would tape transducer cable then buy those plastic covers for wire.

If possible route cables away from each other.

Don't ball exacter cable get proper holders.

Same with power cables the better the install the better performance. 

My plan was to do that but my question is specifically about the interference from transducer to transducer. Would one interfere with the other because of them being close to one another? Or would the helix 7 G2N chirp be able to read the Mega chirp 2D readout? 

I have used the same transducers and other makes  some side by side others at the front of the boat and some on the transom 

there seems to be no rhyme or reason whether or not they are going to interfere 

but I have never had a problem with a regular transducer and the side image transducer interfering with each other but if you have it on 2d  you will just need to try it to see if it interferes 

On 4/23/2020 at 9:11 AM, Terry said:

I have used the same transducers and other makes  some side by side others at the front of the boat and some on the transom 

there seems to be no rhyme or reason whether or not they are going to interfere 

but I have never had a problem with a regular transducer and the side image transducer interfering with each other but if you have it on 2d  you will just need to try it to see if it interferes 

On 4/24/2020 at 9:23 AM, Garnet said:

As Terry said when you start using them will tell the story.

I think this is what I'm going to do. Will report back with findings.