Cool New Feature on your Navionics Boating App!

David Chong

If you have a current subscription on the Navionics Boating App on your mobile devices, make sure that you update the app and check out the latest feature on the app! You now have a multiple chart-overlay option with the Navionics Satellite Overlay with SonarChart Shading. No additional cost involved here. This feature was previously only available on the Navionics Platinum+ & HotMaps Platinum cards. There are not a lot of Canadian Lakes available yet but I'm told that they're coming but all of our neighbours from down south have lots of options. Check out the details here - https://bit.ly/2KafK15

2019 Navionics Sonar Charts Shading -008.jpg

Navionics Boating App SonarChart Shading-001.jpg

200416-Navionics Boating App-New Advanced Map Options 001.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mamona said:

Played with a little bit. Cool idea. However, I cannot see this feature working on Muskoka Lake, Lake Couchiching works.

It looks like all North lakes are not working.

Yeah, they just recently added Simcoe-Couch, Bay of Quinte, most of the Kawarthas and Rideau system! They added more to the list all the time! It'll just take time, up until recently only Lake of Woods and a few other lakes in Northwestern Ontario had this feature.

So David, excuse my ignorance. I fish a Kawartha lake and use a Lowrance HDS first generation graph with GPS.   I have about 200 waypoints and know the lake pretty well. But any insight into new structure would be useful. How would this APP be useful to me?  And what is the cost?

thanks 

Peter. 

2 hours ago, captpierre said:

So David, excuse my ignorance. I fish a Kawartha lake and use a Lowrance HDS first generation graph with GPS.   I have about 200 waypoints and know the lake pretty well. But any insight into new structure would be useful. How would this APP be useful to me?  And what is the cost?

thanks 

Peter. 

Hey Peter,

You have to decide whether it’s worth it to you to have it or not! Cost for an annual subscription is around $30 annually! The SonarChart Shading gives a 3D look to your charts and you can also use the SonarCharts and colourized different depth ranges to make things stand out more! I know that even on lakes that I know very well, when I see a different chart, I usually notice something that I didn’t see before! But if you only fish one lake and figure you know it well enough then...😊😊😊

Edited by David Chong

9 minutes ago, David Chong said:

Hey Peter,

You have to decide whether it’s worth it to you to have it or not! Cost for an annual subscription is around $30 annually! The SonarChart Shading gives a 3D look to your charts and you can also use the SonarCharts and colourized different depth ranges to make things stand out more! I know that even on lakes that I know very well, when I see a different chart, I usually notice something that I didn’t see before! But if you only fish one lake and figure you know it well enough then...😊😊😊

Sounds like it’s worth a shot. At least for a year.  Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, captpierre said:

Sounds like it’s worth a shot. At least for a year.  Thanks. 

I don't think that you'll be disappointed, I still believe for what it cost, that it is probably the best value in fishing/boating! One app will work across all your devices regardless of whether they're on a Apple/Android platform. You can look at your maps when you're off your boat, sitting on the can, etc. You can save markers(waypoints) to it, very useful if you go to other lakes or on other peoples' boats. If you ever travel and need weather/tides it's all on the app! Enjoy!