Pressure washer issues

I live on a well and just used my new pressure washer for the first time. It worked well for the first 15 minutes or so, then the rest of the time pulsed, it was really ineffective. Is it because the pressure system in the house got drained and couldnt keep up?

Do gas models build their own pressure? Would i be better off with one those?

Thanks

Edited by big guy

As someone else said, ck the screens for blockage and make sure there are no leaks at the supply line.  Mine did the same last year and it was as simple as the washer at the inlet connector.  I saw a very small dribble at the inlet and didn't think that it mattered.   It mattered.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Crimsongulf said:

As someone else said, ck the screens for blockage and make sure there are no leaks at the supply line.  Mine did the same last year and it was as simple as the washer at the inlet connector.  I saw a very small dribble at the inlet and didn't think that it mattered.   It mattered.

Ya everything flows fine, but youre right, the hose that connects the house tap to the hose reel does dribble a bit, so i will try some washers. Thanks

1 hour ago, Terry said:

I’m going to say no

id you water system can’t keep up to an electric a gas one will not be any better 

a high  pressure washer should use less water then a garden hose should use on full

Yes, 1.4 gallons/minute

I have a pressure washer that pulses and was told the pump seals are not functioning causing pressure drops. If it’s a new unit, I’d try returning it for another or borrowing one from someone that knows theirs works. I’m not convinced it’s a water pressure issue from your supply. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The pulsing on your pressure washer is because of air in the lines and pump. Hook it all up and turn the tap on. Hold the nozzle trigger down till all the air and hissing sounds are gone and you have a steady stream of water. Now turn it on and get at er. They also dont like to be running and just laying there waiting to be used. Your better to turn it off and restart when ready to wash.

• Like 2

Hope it wasn't left all winter with water in it , you need to at least pump some plumbing antifreeze or better one of those squeeze bottles of seal conditioner and antifreeze thought it till it come out the pressure side.