Hey everyone, long time no chat!

Couple of years ago my Chrome browser stopped accessing this board (I've now switched over to Firefox and it works fine), but I figured I needed a break from the interwebbies anyway. (He says, after causing trouble on facebook every day, getting suspended from Twitter three times, and hanging out on half a dozen plastic modeling sites...) 

Plus, I had all my fishing gear stolen last October. I kept it in my car because with my job (more about that later) I am all over the place, and often get a chance to wash some lures. Too much trouble to take everything out of the car every night, and then put it back in the morning. And it was out of sight, so no snoopers would grab it just out of opportunity. And they didn't. They stole the car.

A  2007 Mazda 6 wagon, with rust around the rear wheel wells, over 500,000km on it, tires due for replacement, and someone stole it. By the time the police recovered it in February it had been cleaned out. And I do mean cleaned. The interior was in better shape than I left it, almost as if someone was cleaning it up to sell it. Nothing left, nothing at all. Even wrappers off the floor, everything in the glove compartment, spare wheel well, cubby holes in the rear, compartment between the seats, everything. And my fishing gear.

Not expensive stuff, but all I had. An inexpensive Shimano combo for light work, and a Pflueger President combo for tougher conditions. They can be replaced. So can all the tackle I had in my fishing vest, but the vest itself was a present from my children, a lot of sentimental value there. And a couple of things in it belonged to my late father, also sentimental value. And my boating card. Good pair of binoculars, good spotting scope with tripod, a Tilley photographers vest with a couple of field guides and a notebook.

Planned on replacing the Pflueger combo first, and then amassing some tackle, and a new vest just like the old one; a Bushline with pockets everywhere. There may be better vests, don't know, but I want another. Sentimental value...

Then this pandemic starts, and it looks like there won't be any fishing opportunities for a while. Social distancing is one reason, but I've also put my job on hold. I'm a courier, handling parts supply to industry in emergency situations. Important work right now, as we deliver things to hospitals, places that supply hospitals, drug manufacturers, people that supply them, etc. But I can't take the risk. I'll be 67 in May, and getting into the age group that could be easily killed by this thing. And my family also has to be protected. I deal with a lot of people in a lot of places, and it wouldn't be easy to avoid.

So now I'm back to causing trouble on facebook, trying to see what I can get away with on Twitter without being suspended, and modeling like crazy. The glue fumes are therapeutic. Not much chance of getting the canoe in the water without a long drive, Frenchman Bay access is closed, as would be most of the Lake Ontario waterfront parks. I might try a few areas I know where parking is only one or two cars, but nothing more: I believe in the social distancing practice. The more we practice it, the less time we'll need to.

But DAMN!, I miss that gear.

Great story, I didn’t know whether to chuckle or feel bad for you! Who steals a rusted out Mazda??!! 

Welcome back. We could use someone to stir things up. Art is like the Maytag repairman we’re all so well behaved. So any views you’d like to share on out of season fish or world politics are most welcome. 👹

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Out of season fish? Believe me, with my fishing knowledge, or lack thereof, almost everything I catch could be classed as 'incidental'. I have my biggest success pike fishing when I target bass.

Politics? I already have CSIS, the CIA, Interpol, and Hooterville Volunteer Fire Department keeping a watch on my house, the neighbours are getting tired of the attention.