Is Fishing Cancelled In Ontario?

FishFishing

9 hours ago, chris.brock said:

I'm gonna quote myself here,

I posted what the CO had to say because I found it interesting and thought others would find it interesting too, I never said it was my personal opinion

And I DID find it interesting, and thanks for posting it!

Doug

LMAO. Not once did I say healthcare workers are the reason it came here. 

I said most of the healthcare workers who tested positive were infected from travel and NOT a clinical setting. Regardless of whether or not they infected anyone else, they would still be quarantined, and would not be able to help the overburdened health system by doing their job. They also forced healthy workers into quarantine, in case it had transferred, putting even more burden on the system.

If not being allowed to travel during certain times or to certain places around the globe is a stipulation that is too restrictive, especially if it's to protect those most at risk, then maybe healthcare will not be the profession of choice for some.

4 hours ago, nlpaintballer said:

LMAO. Not once did I say healthcare workers are the reason it came here. 

I said most of the healthcare workers who tested positive were infected from travel and NOT a clinical setting. Regardless of whether or not they infected anyone else, they would still be quarantined, and would not be able to help the overburdened health system by doing their job. They also forced healthy workers into quarantine, in case it had transferred, putting even more burden on the system.

If not being allowed to travel during certain times or to certain places around the globe is a stipulation that is too restrictive, especially if it's to protect those most at risk, then maybe healthcare will not be the profession of choice for some.

Feel free to provide those data points please :)    I'd love to see those stats that say they were infected from travel and not their work environment....  

On 4/14/2020 at 1:56 PM, Woodsman said:

BillM I agree with staying home but let's not confuse it with a official order during this emergency.

Does it take an "official order" to force someone to use common sense? Eventually it may have to go that way unfortunately. If people used common sense there would be no reason countries have to impose Marshal Law with the treat of being shot dead if anyone breaks it.

My wife now has a letter in her purse from her CEO saying she is travelling because she is a essential worker. Why would she need the thing I'm wondering? Oh wait, maybe because our provinces Captains of government and industry are already discussing what a travel ban would look like. 

On 4/15/2020 at 2:44 PM, nlpaintballer said:

. Maybe a mandatory 2 week quarantine for anyone who is returning from vacation abroad will be implemented, with some regional exceptions. 

That has been in place for months now. It's a 14 day full isolation. The real tough part is they are asking travelers returning to go straight home, no grocery shopping. That sure is tough if you have been away for even just a week let alone like when Mom and Dad were Snowbirds, the fridge was not just empty it wasn't even plugged in. If you don't have someone to get you some stuff it's a tough situation.

Most of our citizens have come home from abroad, some are still stranded in places like Nepal because they can't afford the ridiculous air fare if you can find flights and connections. Just today I read an article on CBC news where a kid from Niagara finally got flights home from Nepal. 3 grand for airfare. Something like 75 people were sharing a space in a hostel designed for 50. I wonder how social distancing works there? He shared a selfie with a bus full of happy Canucks coming home, not a single person had anything over their mouths. They should all be tested as well as a 14 day quarantine. 

Ford Says Fishing Season Won’t Be Delayed  

According to Ontario Premier Doug Ford, fishing season will open as normal. Some of the boat ramps are closed, so guys with big boats might have trouble launching. Crown Land is closed to camping, but I guess we can still visit on day trips and go fishing? Fishing lodges and cabins are not allow to have guests this spring until at least June 1st according to the guy whose cabin I had wanted to rent, and of course that June 1st date could easily be extended.

Ontario is "strongly recommending" everyone "avoid" non-essential travel for recreation and leisure, and certainly this would include fishing.* But so far as I can see, there is no LAW against doing so. So I wonder .... if I am driving up north in a few weeks with my canoe on top of my vehicle to go fishing on Crown Land for the day, not using a boat ramp nor being in contact with anyone, will I be tooled by the cops along the road?

https://www.895thelake.ca/2020/04/16/130396/?sc_ref=facebook

P.S. *Fishing isn't a matter of life and death ... it's far more important. Perhaps travel for fishing really IS essential travel. 1f609.png

Note the comfortable 2m separation of our politicians in the photo.

Edited by passthepitonspete

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/health-care-workers-make-up-1-in-10-known-cases-of-covid-19-in-ontario-1.5518456

There you go bill. One of a couple articles, if you use google they are not hard to find.

As for restrictions, I am talking about having them in place permanently. Again, a healthcare worker coming back infected puts more strain on our system than anything else. Not only do they have to be removed from the available workforce, but any co-workers/colleagues they come in contact with are quarantined, which removes those people from the workforce, and dumps the extra work on the rest, who are already spread too thin. It causes exponential problems in the one sector that is critical in this situation. 

We are lucky up here so far. No infections in any palliative/disabled homes up here. But small town with very few international travellers, most of whom, travel to the Caribbean if they do travel. Also our homes all locked down the first week of March, allowing nobody but critical staff in, and only with temperatures taken before shift. Food deliveries were even refused if they had been shipped from Toronto. 

3 hours ago, Terry said:

The photo has nothing to do with the radio interview where your post came from  , it may be a stock photo of ford 

Exactly. The news report was from The Lake radio station in Kenora. It was a stock photo of Ford and Greg Rickford, our MLA for the region.

Edited by Old Man