Is Fishing Cancelled In Ontario?

FishFishing

I bumped into a CO this afternoon, I bombarded her with questions for 2 minutes

this is in Haliburton (cottage country), but what she said- check the municipal website to see if anything is closed, otherwise go nuts, fish away, trailer your boat, launch your boat, whatever, just no gatherings of more than 5 people

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Fishing is not closed and everyone needs to make their own decisions! For me, I believe that there are much more pressing matters than whether I go fishing or not! And no one loves fishing more than I do. If you have access to water while being able to properly practice social distancing and non-essential travel then have at it! For me , my focus is more on staying healthy & well, making sure that my elderly neighbours, mother & mother in-law are looked after and figuring how we can all do our part to stem the tide of this horrible pandemic. I am working through my club and  friends who have a supply chain to help to ensure that our front line workers are properly supplied with all the PPE that they need! 

BTW, on the positive side, I'm finally starting to get a handle on re-organizing my garage and gear, something that I haven't had time to do in years! Be prepared for an onslaught of gear for sale! LOL Please everyone stay home & stay safe, remember we're all in this together!

KEEP CALM Fishing 001.jpg

Edited by David Chong
  • Like 7

14 hours ago, chris.brock said:

this is in Haliburton (cottage country), but what she said- check the municipal website to see if anything is closed, otherwise go nuts, fish away, trailer your boat, launch your boat, whatever, just no gatherings of more than 5 people

Good news.

asymtomatic people are the biggest threat,thinking nothing is wrong with them so they carry on like normal around family. Plus non essential travel has the potential to put more stains on the healthcare  because accidents and injuries still happen and who wants to go er department right now. I work in a hospital and was just informed one of my co-workers has tested positive and I worked on the weekend with them and they were asymtomatic,even though we never had close contact and we were both wearing our ppe occ. health says I must self isolate for 14 days.

Yeah but

most accidents happen at home

and most car accidents happen within 5 miles of home.  
so staying at home statistically will put as big a strain on the health care system as  going to the cottage or whatever 

and they have said the hospitals are only at around 65%  most times they are close to100% 

same with fire departments

Facts don’t agree with the propaganda out there 

• Like 2

• but your missing  key facts,most may happen but some still dont and hospital workers are stressed to the max already they dont want to deal with people that are injured for unnecessary endevours,not to mention your potentially putting them at risk if you are asymtomatic something else they dont need. There is currently over 1000 healthcare workers that are infected plus many more that have been forced into self isolation,this cant continue especially with the increase of infected. Hospitalizations usually occur after 5 to 8 days after infected so the numbers will rise. The amount of extra care and time these patients need makes up for the lower percentage of vacantancy. The same amount care givers and time a covid patient needs is considerable more then the knee and hip replacements etc that have been postponed to create space.  Those are the facts not propanda 
Edited by bow slayer

My info says over 600 health care works and more then half in long term care

and the health care world  praised the 100 cars full  of people who drove to the hospital in Barrie in a parade waving flags and signs
and thanked them for their support

barrie hospital has 2 covid patients and no staff has it   Not sounding overwhelming 

if the powers that be considered that ok and the PMs family and the leader of the opposition can both go the their cottages for the long weekend 

I think I can go fishing 

Edited by Terry
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I think some travel/vacation restrictions will have to be put on healthcare workers, going forward. It might not be popular, but if healthcare workers were not allowed to vacation during flu season, or allowed to travel to certain areas of the world where these outbreaks tend to happen, then we wouldn't be in the position we are in now. 

The majority of healthcare workers have been infected while traveling, not on the job as far as I know. I am sure thats changing, but I am also sure that with restrictions on travel for healthcare workers, we would be looking at a better situation.

Nurses and psw have been treated like crap for years so I hope this gives them a leg up when they go for their next contract

and now they are only allowed to work at one location, I hope they don’t agree to work more hours unless they get a full 8 hour contract 

they love having 6 part time workers on duty rather then 3 full time workers.  So they don’t have to pay them full wages and no sick leave or benefits and no vacation and the worst hours 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Terry said:

they love having 6 part time workers on duty rather then 3 full time workers.  So they don’t have to pay them full wages and no sick leave or benefits and no vacation and the worst hours 

I agree with this other than the vacation part. By law they have to pay a minimum of 4% of wages for vacations.

1 hour ago, nlpaintballer said:

I think some travel/vacation restrictions will have to be put on healthcare workers, going forward. It might not be popular, but if healthcare workers were not allowed to vacation during flu season, or allowed to travel to certain areas of the world where these outbreaks tend to happen, then we wouldn't be in the position we are in now. 

The majority of healthcare workers have been infected while traveling, not on the job as far as I know. I am sure thats changing, but I am also sure that with restrictions on travel for healthcare workers, we would be looking at a better situation.

Are you trolling or is this actually what you think?  lol  

Why is it unreasonable to have that in their contract? Agreeing to some sort of restrictions on vacations and traveling would also give them more bargaining power. 

I am not bashing the healthcare workers in any way, its just this same situation will keep happening unless some changes are made.

How many of the people who came back infected were traveling for business? I am assuming a lot less than were away on personal trips. Maybe a mandatory 2 week quarantine for anyone who is returning from vacation abroad will be implemented, with some regional exceptions. 

Whats the point of all this, if certain changes to when and where we travel are not put in place?Just because you can afford to vacation every year in the winter, doesn't mean you have the right to bring something like covid back to your community. 

On 4/14/2020 at 8:16 PM, chris.brock said:

I'm gonna quote myself here,

I posted what the CO had to say because I found it interesting and thought others would find it interesting too, I never said it was my personal opinion

9 hours ago, nlpaintballer said:

Why is it unreasonable to have that in their contract? Agreeing to some sort of restrictions on vacations and traveling would also give them more bargaining power. 

I am not bashing the healthcare workers in any way, its just this same situation will keep happening unless some changes are made.

How many of the people who came back infected were traveling for business? I am assuming a lot less than were away on personal trips. Maybe a mandatory 2 week quarantine for anyone who is returning from vacation abroad will be implemented, with some regional exceptions. 

Whats the point of all this, if certain changes to when and where we travel are not put in place?Just because you can afford to vacation every year in the winter, doesn't mean you have the right to bring something like covid back to your community. 

How in the world did you come up with healthcare workers being the reason Covid-19 came here in the first place?     Anyone coming back from anywhere could have been a carrier.   To think you can somehow dwindle that down to a specific group is mind boggling.