Is Fishing Cancelled In Ontario?

FishFishing

57 minutes ago, dave524 said:

how you going to get there with no non-essential driving ?

Can you show me where the "no non-essential driving" is in effect under the law province wide?

Recommendations do not = laws.

Edited by Woodsman
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Woodsman said:

Can you show me where the "no non-essential driving" is in effect under the law province wide?

Recommendations do not = laws.

Stay home.  It sucks, we all hate it but we'll be further ahead if we all just use a wee bit of common sense.

Moms immuno compromised and living north to totally isolate.

ive been living in their house in Georgetown to avoid living in my apartment in toronto with 10000 other people.

I bring her groceries from the georgetown and if I’m making that trip, you can sure as hell bet the boat is getting wet.

Edited by AKRISONER
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, misfish said:

Seems very one sided to me . %#$ the non owners . Guess they feel reel special now . No offense Akr .

None taken man, I don’t write the rules lol. And trust me I consider myself extremely extremely lucky. A fluke really, and I wouldn’t be shocked if they change the rules even more after trout opener when the gongshows on every tributary in Ontario fire up. Those morons will probably get all fishing cancelled even for those of us who are doing the right things.

Edited by AKRISONER
  • Thanks 1

My boat ramp is "slide her down the hill" down to my dock in the spring ... and then "drag her up the hill" for the winter :) ... Pretty sure I'd be a lot safer floating around in old ironsides (getting some good old fashioned covid-19 killing rays)  than I would be all cooped up in the "locked down" city ... dodging shopping carts going the wrong way down one-way grocery aisles (even with a mask and gloves) - I'm seriously thinking of redesignating my primary residence just so I wont have to put up with nonsense ... I pay way more taxes and disdustingly more for electricity and phone (and well .. everything) up there just because I'm not a "permanent" resident ... even though I don't make use of most of the services for most of the year ... jeeze .. I definitely need a scotch :) (Sorry for the rant)

• Like 4

Just now, camillj said:

My boat ramp is "slide her down the hill" down to my dock in the spring ... and then "drag her up the hill" for the winter :) ... Pretty sure I'd be a lot safer floating around in old ironsides (getting some good old fashioned covid-19 killing rays)  than I would be all cooped up in the "locked down" city ... dodging shopping carts going the wrong way down one-way grocery aisles (even with a mask and gloves) - I'm seriously thinking of redesignating my primary residence just so I wont have to put up with nonsense ... I pay way more taxes and disdustingly more for electricity and phone (and well .. everything) up there just because I'm not a "permanent" resident ... even though I don't make use of most of the services for most of the year ... jeeze .. I definitely need a scotch :) (Sorry for the rant)

Just try to remember that the people that are self sufficient and can hold it together during a crisis like this are the ones that are carrying the people who can’t. 

My next door neighbor and family friend in pointe au baril runs a small marina and he’s even closed his boat ramp to me even though I wouldn’t need to use his docks, or touch anything on his property. I understood his position entirely, however others that have places on islands have been yelling and screaming at him about the fact that he won’t let them on his property to dock, Park their vehicles etc etc.

3 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

Moms immuno compromised and living north to totally isolate.

ive been living in their house in Georgetown to avoid living in my apartment in toronto with 10000 other people.

I bring her groceries from the georgetown and if I’m making that trip, you can sure as hell bet the boat is getting wet.

It's this that is concerning , AND why were being  asked to stay home.

Asymptomatic carriers , you could easily be one .  Be Careful !