So how are we going to launch or boats?

captpierre

6 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

Announced today parts are going to be open very soon should things keep trending the right direction!!! We’re in business baby!

Please post link to what you are stating  .

Many report stuff, but it,s a ghost theory lol.

Parks and curb side has been going on for a while now. We need solid opening, but that will be BABY STEPS.

I am waiting so badly for my curb side pick up at cabelas this week so I can tie more flys and forget about baking carbs.LOL

• Like 1

Funny thing is I picked up my flowers and tomato's last saturday morning.  Called 2 days ahead, placed order, picked my pick up time and paid.  Went there at the prescribed time,  person comes and gets my order number, radios it to inside, out comes the cart with my order,  loaded into truck and outa there in about 10n minutes.  Very efficient.   Now if they would smack the dingbats in the grocery stores that just have to squeeze every damn loaf of bread and tomato, it would make me very happy.

5 minutes ago, Fisherman said:

Now if they would smack the dingbats in the grocery stores that just have to squeeze every damn loaf of bread and tomato, it would make me very happy.

Oh come on now. I am sure you still like the odd squeeze of the walnuts,,,,,,,,,,,,🤣

• Like 1

So they open the garden gallery curbside pick up. That is great. It,s a start right ? Seems some are complaining they can not go and pick out what they want. Some people are just ignorant. Be thankful they even open. I started my mini grow today. Starting with chives . Will be starting peppers and tomatoes later after the snow fall this weekend.LOL. I have to grow everything in a large garden pot. But I am good with that. Anyone do those hanging tomato plants ?

6 hours ago, John Bacon said:

I have one that I have used a few times.  They work as long as you keep them watered.

I tried for 2 years when I moved here. Didn't work for me.

But I can't really blame the hanging basket system. I just don't get enough direct sun light.

Got tomatoes but couldn't get them to ripen.

Hey guys now that this thread's gone off the rails (not a bad thing); try hydroponics; no matter what scale (size of system) you use; it works great.

I made up a system last year and couldn't believe the yield I got. Strawberries, lettuce, cabbage and peppers. Not sure what I'm putting in this year? It's easy just change the nutrients (Fertilizer) every other week and your done. No weeding, no bugs (cut worms to kill your veg) just watch for Afedes; a spray of dish washing soup and water will take care of them. These systems would be great for an apartment baloney,  Build to size of space; very versatile.

I have (or hopefully will have again) a summer trailer and they do not allow gardens. Don't want the lots to get dug up; I guess? That's why I built this hydroponic garden. We couldn't eat the stuff as fast as it grew; so it became my neighbors veggie stand. Take what you want/need but leave me some. LOL

Dan. 

• Like 1

After 4 pages of the wrong answers, I think the OP should go back and re phrase the title to "When" not "How"  are we going to launch,  unless someone invents a trailer/boat catapult with some sort of end of the day retrieval system.

On 4/12/2020 at 3:05 PM, Terry said:

You look on google earth  for cottages with their own boat ramps.   Then you drive by to see if they came up from the city

if not ,you launch there and park in their driveway 

the fine for trespassing 80 bucks

the fine for launching at a posted ramp 800. Bucks

you do the math.  LOL 

You park in my driveway and use my ramp I will drag your trailer and truck down the road to have it stripped and wait for you at my dock. Prepare to start bailing. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Terry said:

Cameras are active in my truck and I could use the insurance and they haven’t taken my assault rifles yet so fun wow  

but I take you you didn’t find my joke funny

I did. Just a heads up. 😉

29 minutes ago, Hollada said:

Why don’t Canadians protest these over-reaching acts by your government?

Lol. Protests here are like setting up a road side coolaid stand with free coolaid and an apology to go along with it. The odd Militia group wouldn’t hurt here I suppose.  

3 hours ago, Hollada said:

Because we are smart enough to know that a boat ramp is less important than the lives of our fellow Canadians and the safety of our healthcare workers.

it sucks but we are putting faith in those that make the decisions are doing so in our best interest.

boat ramps will re-open...when it is safe to do so which sounds like it will be soon.

Edited by AKRISONER
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Hollada said:

What are we going to protest against?  The fact boat ramps are closed?  Bigger things in life to lose sleep over.

• Like 4

On 5/6/2020 at 11:19 PM, BillM said:

What are we going to protest against?  The fact boat ramps are closed?  Bigger things in life to lose sleep over.

With that attitude I guess you will rarely, if ever, lose sleep.   Good for you. 

my bet is that even if launches open up, municipalities will put some sort of restriction/by law in place to prevent out of towners from using ‘their’ boat ramps.  Sad days for many reasons. 

• Like 1