So how are we going to launch or boats?

captpierre

On 5/13/2020 at 1:18 PM, lastcall said:

NO KIDDING!!! I have a cottage in Halliburton and pay $4368.00 a year.and I'll use it when I feel like it.

In '68 dad bought a cottage on Loon/Dudmon Lake in Haliburton for $8800, sold it in the late '80s for ten times that. It has been extensively renovated but I ran across it up for rent a few years ago , would have cost the same $8800 to rent for 4 weeks 🤯

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Terry said:

Yup I am booked for Saturday morning. We will see how that works out 

Would love to be there and cheer for you bud, but I will be at my toon launch. I will be thinking about you though. You know where I will be. :Gonefishing:

Sounds like a lot of us will be fishing this weekend. I leave for pointe au baril at 8! Boat will be in the water by noon! Stay safe everyone and remember to bring gloves/sanitizer with you if you go to the launch. The docks etc etc can be contaminated! Stay safe and tight lines WOOO HOOOO!!!

Edited by AKRISONER

1 hour ago, Terry said:

According to the mayor everyone around the lake except Barrie tried to open on the same day 

Thats cuz they need cranes to remove the huge barriers. LOL

Heading out in a bit, will have an update.

• Like 1

Here is some Simcoe County info. Note, Innisfil is requiring pre booking your in and out times.

https://barrie360.com/boat-launch-status-in-simcoe-county/

The following municipalities have announced the status of boat launches in their communities this weekend.

Barrie – Tiffin Street – reopens Saturday with the following guidelines:

• only boat with members of your household, no guests onboard
  • ensure a physical distance of at least two metres from people outside your household when using the launch
  • keep your distance on the water – don’t raft

Innisfil – Innisfil Beach Park with the following guidelines:

• Only Innisfil residents who have the 2019 or 2020 Resident Parking Permit (residents cannot pick up 2020 permits at the moment given the closure of Town facilities) or proof of Innisfil residency (e.g. driver’s licence, utility bill, or other piece of valid identification with Innisfil address) can use the boat launch 
  • Boaters entering the launch area will be required to follow the direction of Innisfil Park Staff and respect physical distancing
  • Boaters will need to pre-book their entry and exit spots online at www.Innisfil.ca/BoatBooking. This section also features answers to commonly asked questions and other information
  • Residents can also book their times by calling the Town of Innisfil during normal business hours at 705-436-3710
  • Access and use of the Innisfil Beach Park boat launch will only be between 6 a.m. and 9 p.m

Orillia – Couchiching Beach boat launch and the Collins Drive boat launch will reopen Saturday:

• users must practice physical distancing of at least two metres (six feet) and only boat with members of their immediate household
  • The Port of Orillia remains closed until at least May 31

Penetanguishene – boat launch and wharf will NOT reopen this weekend

Severn Township – all public boat launches and docks reopen Saturday

• Thanks 1

https://kawarthanow.com/2020/05/13/public-boat-launches-in-kawartha-lakes-to-reopen-beginning-may-14/

The municipality of Kawartha Lakes will begin opening public boat launches on Thursday, May 14th, just in time for the Victoria Day long weekend.

Members of the public will be allowed to launch their boats, in groups of less than five people who maintain a physical distance of at least six feet from each other.

“Kawartha Lakes continues to take all necessary precautions to ensure the health and safety of residents and staff,” states the municipality in a media release. “Boat launches will continue to be monitored closely and the closures could be reinstated if the municipality sees any increased signs of risk.”