So how are we going to launch or boats?

captpierre

10 hours ago, Garnet said:

Belleville launches open today.

Kawaratha  Lakes launches open May 15 next fri.

All social distance rules apply.

just to correct you...Thursday May 14th is their targeted opening. its posted on the kawarthas website

16 hours ago, fisher said:

With that attitude I guess you will rarely, if ever, lose sleep.   Good for you. 

my bet is that even if launches open up, municipalities will put some sort of restriction/by law in place to prevent out of towners from using ‘their’ boat ramps.  Sad days for many reasons. 

I'll lose sleep over important things, not being able to fish while a pandemic plays out isn't one of them.  

• Like 2

It’s a late spring again so no rush. I have my own ramp and was out for short while a week ago when it was nice out. Lake was nice and quiet. Nice to see the return or the Loons getting ready to nest. As an avid angler I was humbled by the experience and realized that we need to slow down and not be so spoiled and impatient. I now feel that our lakes are much too busy with boaters and anglers anyway. Stop and smell the air and Just listen. What a beautiful country we have and we should be more appreciative for what we are so fortunate to be a part of. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Fisherman said:

With the amount of snow coming down, it looks more like a relapse of winter than spring.  Bull granola weather.  Robins have 3 little ones and worms have gone back deep. 

Yup

I was not about to go out and sit and get soaked. South side of the bay was nice,north side was a snow squall. Of course,I wanted to fish the north side .LOL Will see what Sunday brings .

1 hour ago, captpierre said:

I can hear the bugs giggling 😎

We’re literally about to go from snow and winter right directly into the buthole of blackfly season lmao

more importantly though, my bug is gonna be eating up that ultra 91! Here we goooo

This will be the 1st time in 30+ years I won't be opening walleye season in my favorite spot. I don't know if public docs and piers will be open, but that is not the reason. My dad passed away 2 weeks ago from a ruptured abdominal aneurysm. Taking care of my mom well being is more important to me.

To all those that are going fishing good luck and catch one for my dad. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Cando said:

This will be the 1st time in 30+ years I won't be opening walleye season in my favorite spot. I don't know if public docs and piers will be open, but that is not the reason. My dad passed away 2 weeks ago from a ruptured abdominal aneurysm. Taking care of my mom well being is more important to me.

Condolences to you and your family

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Cando said:

Sorry to hear that. Both mine are gone, 1st Mother's day without one...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/8/2020 at 4:58 PM, panners said:

Are you kidding. Property taxes are payed year round

NO KIDDING!!! I have a cottage in Halliburton and pay $4368.00 a year.and I'll use it when I feel like it.

On 4/12/2020 at 1:40 PM, captpierre said:

Marinas and municipal launches closed for now 😳

The wait will be over on Saturday. Today Ford is announcing Marinas can start to open to the public starting Saturday. 

I hope the municipalities open up public launches at the same time. I would petition your councillor today. 

Just proving how fast this stuff is moving, my township wrote up a document about opening the township marina, but got too tied up in the "making this stuff only available for people with property in pointe au baril" language, that the wording now implies that if you have road access even if you live in pointe au baril full time that you cant use the boat launch. 

Ive contacted the muni to see whats the deal.