So how are we going to launch or boats?

captpierre

8 hours ago, irishfield said:

You don't want to know what I have in this one.. and my Dad bought it new! Been mine since '79.

I would be pretty close if I had to guess what you have spent on the car. I work at a auto restoration business near Blenheim Ontario. But really a vehicle's value is  the owner's sentimental value. I have owned a 1969 Chevelle 300 Deluxe since 1979. I have refused ridiculous amounts of money from hopeful buyers because I do not want to sell it.

Yeah look 5 posts up. Lol 

but no ,may 4 they can prepare to open  meaning   Bring I  employees and  get boats out of dry dock and fix problems with docks and boats but not open to the public till they announce it 

Edited by Terry
  • Like 2

Speculating but I think they realize the financial impact that missing one of the four long weekends in a summer can have on marinas etc. I think dougie wants to give those businesses a break and get them running before the long weekend.

im getting tired of working on my boat and not launching it lol...that first tank of gas is gonna be gonnnneeeee lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Hack_Fisherman said:

I heard that Premier Ford has allowed marinas to start preparing for the season.

I hope that means public launches are next 

Unless in a marina or provincial park in most cases the public launches have not been shutdown by the province.

That is on the local governments.

12 minutes ago, Terry said:

I have to believe every boater looking for an open ramp knows that

But as  marinas ramps open we all hope the municipalities see the light and open them too

Terry I wish you were correct but I see many posts on here and other sites trying to put the blame squarely on the province for all the ramp closures.

So our marina can prep for launch, but for most of us that do all our own prep, we still can't go to the marina to get things ready.  No way I will let them launch my boat without me being there to make sure its properly prepped, properly tied up, canvas on properly, charger on.  So I will have to wait.  they won't even let me go get my dinghy off the bow so I could at least get on the water with that at the cottage.  Sooooo frustrating

25 minutes ago, Terry said:

i think it will change shortly

kawarthas plan on opening boat ramps on may 12

Is that all ramps in the Kawarthas Terry, marinas and public  ?

It was in a Peterborough news paper 

Direct quote from the news release.. READ THE LAST SENTENCE.... This is not etched in stone yet.

Mayor Andy Letham says the city is targeting May 12 to reopen boat launches, landfills and open the rail trail to motorized vehicles. The rail trail would usually open around May 1, but will only be open to pedestrian traffic in light of COVID-19. 
“These are outside activities. These are local decisions we can make on a local level, but it will depend on the provincial state of emergency and our local state of emergency as well,” Letham said at a media briefing on Thursday (April 23). 

The province recently extended its state of emergency to May 12. As that’s the day the declaration could end, that’s the day the city is targeting. 
Related Content 

COVID-19 will have a 'huge impact' on local economy, says Kawartha Lakes mayor
Letham stressed that anything could change between now and then with the pandemic, but he said he wanted to let residents know the city was “working on it.” 
“There’s things we can do there to maintain distancing and put some parameters in place,” he said. 
“I just want to stress that this is not a done deal. If we can continue on the route that we’re going, we’re on a good path over the next two or three weeks, then we can look at easing some of these things back into the community if we can do it safely.”

Lets hope that smart heads keep this open when it does. We do not need luggans at the launches . They will get shut down real quick . Do not forget,everyone has a cell phone. A quick video and report and well, back to no launching .

Myself I do not need one,but this does not mean I do not care for my fellow boat owners that need a launch . I am really looking forward to sitting on my toon in a couple of weeks . I also hope to be back to work in 7 days . I hope I can squeeze in the door .LOL

• Like 1

Just talking to my Son across our fence and the OPP called him yesterday and gave him(Communication Director for the twsp) crap for the Victoria Harbour wharf being blocked with cement barriers and the fact they had to help lift the airplane crash victim over said barriers with the paramedics. It was the OPP that requested the barriers be put in place....

Edited by irishfield

1 hour ago, lew said:

^^^^ so what's the big deal if they had to help lift a body, police, fire & paramedics work together all the time.

Apparently the OPP boat guys are a tad out of shape. No clue Lew.. he's been getting threats from all angles, even been called a Nazi...

41 minutes ago, irishfield said:

Apparently the OPP boat guys are a tad out of shape. 

If those cops actually complained about having to help the paramedics lift a body I'd be very surprised if a formal complaint wasn't submitted.

Emergency crews always work as a team.